RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im further into my winter jobs list, and bloody loving it. tonight i got the fuel filter and assembly out of the tank and got to the point where i was holding the filter itself in my hands. it felt like a trophy for my hard work(never thought id be able to do this looking back at my mechanical knowledge last year)

anyway, took you guys advice and blew into it. there was air going through it, but very slightly, then, something like a small blockage released and blew out, and then i could then blow through it from both ends nice and easily now that the slight blockage appears to have been cleared

no need to replace the filter now

that all sound ok?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
IMHO, if you already have the filter out, you might as well replace it with a new one unless you need to put the bike back together ASAP if it's your daily driver...

Fuel filters (cars or bikes) are one of those "replace" items in my maintenance book. YMMV, of course...

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
IMHO, if you already have the filter out, you might as well replace it with a new one unless you need to put the bike back together ASAP if it's your daily driver...

Fuel filters (cars or bikes) are one of those "replace" items in my maintenance book. YMMV, of course...
Exactly...no questioning the filter. It's peace of mind.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
point taken, lads, and i agreed. but what i meant was that what ive done hasnt caused any harm and it should be ok now?

heard a few guys on here saying these filters normally last forever
It is a consumable item if you are unsure then replace with new. Then there is no questioning the part agreed?

I don't question stuff like consumables, I have no problems spending $1500+ on the right set of forks/exhaust/wheels so I never question filters/oil/brake pads.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a consumable item if you are unsure then replace with new.
I am sure the filter is fine now as its pretty much clean as a whistle. the general consensus is that if you can easilly blow through it, its fine and doesnt need replaced.

plus over here they needs to be specially ordered and cost (in americano money) around 80bucks.

heard one of you guys saying over there it costs half that for one of these?:mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there any aftermarket fuel filter that can be reusable? I'm investing right now with parts that can be reusable and would last longer like oil filter, air filter and plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts