RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've been riding for 11 or 12 years now (I forget exactly) and have had ~16 bikes prior to getting the RC. Among the highlights:

TL1000S
Aprilia RSVR & Tuono
'05 ZX10R
R1
Speed Triple 1050 (twice)

I've often considered a '51 but never actually pulled the trigger until now ... and man, I wish I had (sooner); it's a fantastic bike!

Anyway, you have a great resource here and I'm sure I'll be making the most of it. And I'll try to contribute if/when I can, along the way. Thanks!

Oh yeah, about the beast: she's an '02, full Two Brothers (shortened) exhaust, PC3, de-flappered... and that's about it. For now. I'll be re-gearing at some point (soon), for sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
hey hey im up in Suwanee, GA just NE of metro atlanta!

welcome and enjoy the RC51 community:grin2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey hey im up in Suwanee, GA just NE of metro atlanta!

welcome and enjoy the RC51 community:grin2:
Ah nice, I'm on the NE side of town as well - albeit it down @ the perimeter. :D

I often head up your way if I don't have time to go all the way to the mountains. Maybe I'll shoot you a pm next time I do so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I get up there only occasionally, unfortunately (last time was on one of my Aprilias). It's always worth the trip, though!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Congrats on the RC! After all the bikes you've had.....and to be thrilled about having an old, heavy, underpowered, unsophisticated RC....you've come to the right place to talk about it.

The best thing about being in Atlanta is that it's 6 1/2 hours closer to the GA/NC/TN roads than I am, down here in flat, straight, warm Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Which means I'm thinking of storing my RC (and duplicate gear) in Franklin, NC and driving my Vette there when I feel like it, staying a few days in a motel, and otherwise putting the RC to good use. It's a fish out of water in Florida!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

...and to be thrilled about having an old, heavy, underpowered, unsophisticated RC....
Haha, yeah... "character" counts for a lot (especially when the majority of miles are accrued on the street) and the RC has that in spades! I mean, 180+hp is awesome and all - I can't/won't deny that - but really, I'd be dead, license-less or (at the bare minimum) have a horribly under-utilized bike if that much power were regularly at hand.

Besides, I love not seeing myself at every intersection.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Besides, I love not seeing myself at every intersection.
Well, apparently from several of the posts here, you just might be "seeing yourself" at quite a few intersections in the Atlanta area! :laugh:

For that matter, who amongst you is occasionally going by my house on A1A in Ponte Vedra on their RC? I hear it before I try to dash out to the road to see who it is....but then he's gone.

531. Stop by if the garage door is open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts