RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got myself an RC51

After searching for a couple of years, I finally found a clean 06 with 10k miles.
Couldn't find a scratch on it, and she's basically stock except for aftermarket Jardine cans, undertail w/integrated tail light/turn signals, and flush mount turn signals up front. Hate to part with my faithful VFR800fi, but this RC has seduced me, especially with the sexy metallic gray and black paint scheme. She's a beaut.
I know it'll be a totally different ride from my previous VFR and Blackbird, but I'm anxious to begin the learning curve. Any riding tips for this first time RC rider?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good lookin' bike. I'm learning the rc also. Bought mine last month but couldn't bring myself the give up the old viffer. Looks like two bike in the garage for now!
There's going to be a vfr ride at the dragon May 31st-June 4th. I think there are going to be some RC's also (I'm riding mine if my roommate can get time off work I'll let him ride the vfr...If not I'm taking the vfr.) Here's the thread if you want to go. http://vfrworld.com/forums/usa-south/27409-vfr-gathering-2010-a.html It's long but just amounts to we're staying at the kickstand lodge and the dates are 5/31-6/4.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
congrats on the find.... i love the black color scheme ..... it wont take long to get used to especially since its so hard to get off it once your riding

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Finally got myself an RC51

Good lookin' bike. I'm learning the rc also. Bought mine last month but couldn't bring myself the give up the old viffer. Looks like two bike in the garage for now!
Know what? I've been agonizing for weeks whether or not to trade in my 5th gen (see pic) but this morning I came to the realization that getting rid of her would be a huge mistake. So like you, guess it'll be two bikes in the garage for me as well. That said, the Viffer and the RC do make a nice couple, though, don't ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Know what? I've been agonizing for weeks whether or not to trade in my 5th gen (see pic) but this morning I came to the realization that getting rid of her would be a huge mistake. So like you, guess it'll be two bikes in the garage for me as well. That said, the Viffer and the RC do make a nice couple, though, don't ya think?
That's a good looking 5th gen. First go for a ride on the rc and then on the vfr. The vfr will feel like your favorite lazy boy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Comicas, had never heard of Lascassa, TN so did a google and discovered it's near Murfreesboro. Dang, what a coincidence. One of my best riding buddies lives in Murfreesboro and he was with me when I plunked down my deposit on the RC. We drove down to Elk River Powersports in Fayetteville, which is where I bought the bike. He had a Ducati Multistrada for a couple of years, then bought a Triumph Sprint RS which he's been on for about the last 3 years. We hook up alot at McDonalds for breakfast in McMinnville, then do a little riding. We all need to hook up sometime, but keep in mind you'll probably have to stop and wait for us to catch up periodically - we're a couple of old farts, been riding together since we bought new Norton Commandos way back in the seventies. My forum name speaks for itself.

Doug

·
Registered
32 Posts
That sounds good to me. My work schedule is weird being a pilot and all but I'm always down for a ride. As for keeping up with me I'm sure with all your experience it would be the other way around!
dustin

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds good to me. My work schedule is weird being a pilot and all but I'm always down for a ride. As for keeping up with me I'm sure with all your experience it would be the other way around!
dustin
Cool, if the weather ever clears, maybe we can hook up for a ride in the future. I did a little flying several years ago, got my private license (glider w/aero tow) then followed that up with power lessons but ran out of money (and time) so never went any further. A buddy and I have secured a trailer and we're supposed to go pick up the RC in the morning, but crap, it's snowing like crazy here. I'm getting antsy and aggrivated with this damned weather.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A buddy and I have secured a trailer and we're supposed to go pick up the RC in the morning, but crap, it's snowing like crazy here. I'm getting antsy and aggrivated with this damned weather.
I know the feeling. I had to trailer mine back from Indianapolis but a snow storm was moving through. I had to wait 5 days to go pick her up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
LOL!

I know this is an ancient thread but oldgeezer is the gentleman I bought my VFR from. That Staintunes high mount pipe is the SHIT! Hands down the best sounding pipe I've ever heard on one. He showed my the RC he had replaced it with and that kind of piqued my interest in owning an RC. And now I have the RC bug.

Anyway, if you're still around here Doug, THANK YOU! I've enjoyed the hell out of the VFR (never gonna get rid of it!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts