RC51 Forums banner

Finally picked up my new SP2 Track Bike

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  JusAnadaMexican 
#1 ·
After giving the ol' girl a full service and replacing every drop of fluid in her, she's almost ready for the track. I'll need to spoon some new tires on her, since she was in storage for over 18 months.

I was thinking about trying to beautify her a little since it only is wearing track skins with a rattle-can paint job. Should I worry about her looks or just ride the pi$$ out of her??:D

What do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Making the bike more cosmetically pleasing will certainly make your lap times drop. :p

#7 ·
:)It's only rattle-canned and decaled... if I drop it, so be it, however I've had pretty good luck staying upright in my 27 years of track riding...

#8 ·
She's completely done and track-ready!! New Power Pure tires and Vesrah brake pads finished her off... My 10 year-old son did go a little crazy with the decals, though.:D

I'll have her out at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway over Thanksgiving weekend!!!

Attachments

#11 ·
No slicks for this trip... I'm running Michelin Power Pures. I wanted to be able to run even if it rained over the weekend. I'll probably run Pilot Ones after winter's over.

#12 ·
The Power Pures stuck like glue!! Pics to follow later...

#15 ·
#16 ·
I am so out of practice... My form was horrible, wasn't getting my head over, body was stiff... I must be getting old...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.