RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After giving the ol' girl a full service and replacing every drop of fluid in her, she's almost ready for the track. I'll need to spoon some new tires on her, since she was in storage for over 18 months.

I was thinking about trying to beautify her a little since it only is wearing track skins with a rattle-can paint job. Should I worry about her looks or just ride the pi$$ out of her??:D

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
The bike looks pretty nice as is. I would enjoy her at the track for a while before worrying about the looks.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Making the bike more cosmetically pleasing will certainly make your lap times drop. :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tailsection done

Finally got off my arse and finished the tailsection...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I like it. Reminds me of the ol WWII plane scheme, looks like a dog fighter.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)It's only rattle-canned and decaled... if I drop it, so be it, however I've had pretty good luck staying upright in my 27 years of track riding...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's completely done and track-ready!! New Power Pure tires and Vesrah brake pads finished her off... My 10 year-old son did go a little crazy with the decals, though.:D

I'll have her out at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway over Thanksgiving weekend!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No slicks for this trip... I'm running Michelin Power Pures. I wanted to be able to run even if it rained over the weekend. I'll probably run Pilot Ones after winter's over.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Power Pures stuck like glue!! Pics to follow later...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Camping at CVR... I was the first one there for the weekend and got to pick a great spot!!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am so out of practice... My form was horrible, wasn't getting my head over, body was stiff... I must be getting old...

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts