RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, finally got a chance to open it up a bit and let the legs get stretched a bit.
Not my first trackday, but it was the first trackday mine had ever seen, and I must say... I was blown away!!!! Throttle control is obviously key. But the thing is so smooth! Ran the Pilot Power 3s and after about 3/4 to a full lap, the grip was terrific.

First off was a few hours of track prep. Not required, but as most of you know I'm really meticulous. Headlights, I couldn't just tape! PlastiDip is the way to go! I disconnected all my signals and brake lights due to the fact that I've put off cleaning up the tail end long enough. Plus, it gives me an excuse to utilize my new soldering iron! Worked like a charm.

Prepped bike, but lots of packing!

Right off once we got there, I spend a little bit of money and time with KFG to get the suspension dialed in. I didn't realize how off it was; and I won't even pretend to be a suspension wiz.
Then again, when do we ride like that on the street? Say never!
Rode the first session in Level 1 (Beginner). Again, not my first day, but this thing is my baby. The work Barry did on my suspension was freakin' amazing! Bike feels planted!!! Felt so good, I rode the first session of Level 2 as well (helps to know the instructors) :)
Got in after that and look what I found on my baby!!! She's growing up so nicely!

Saw a few old friends and met some new ones. @rc51 was there (atleast that's his screen name on the local forum). Good to see you again!
Met another guy named Martin (couldn't tell you his screen name, but he said he hasn't been on here in years). Nice guy with an 03.

The weather was absolutely perfect! Well atleast until time to go! Bike just got loaded before it hit. I say that, but it was a light rain that just cooled everything off. :p

Overall fantastic day on an amazing machine. This just confirms yet again, this bike will never leave my possession. And with the suspension set, I couldn't be happier!!!
Not sure if any of the footage is decent on the GoPro, but I'll check tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Sounds like it was fun Adam, good stuff! :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thats great the rc51 is a great track bike glad to see you taking the extra work and $$$$ to experience it. Cant beat the camaraderie. Getting ready to do some tracktime myself this weekend on a just finished rc and really excited and looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was so much fun! I was just trying to explain to my wife suspension and the difference it made.
With my little bit of knowledge I couldn't explain it. Couldn't imagine if I actually one what I was talking about, lol!!!

This is the track
www.ridgemotorsportspark.com

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, never played with tire temp/pressure either. I had mine set at 28/30 and it worked well.
Michelin Pilot Power 3s.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Latex wedding band, wooden wrist watch... Next you'll be showing us a necklace made of nuts & bolts! :eek: :p :D

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
@The Stig
That's coming!!! Lol!! Forgot about the watch. That was an anniversary present from my wife. Love it!

So apparently someone took a picture of me at KFG getting my suspension set up.
Looks like you two are taking a leak or something.

And this is my screen name over here :D. It used to be the same on the Pnwriders forum, but they went through some update years ago and I had to change it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts