RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has been discussed a million times, I admit, I did not search the topic.
My flapper is squeaky. I want to retain it. What do I oil to stop the squeak.

What is stock gearing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
stock gearing is 16/40.
The flapper,I dont know. I would personally unplug the vacuum line above your ram air duct and plug it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Like I thought, I have stock gearing!! Yeah, that's what I wanted.

Now if I can only get a drawing of how the flapper works.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Basically the flapper actuator has a hose that routes to the flapper actuator and on to a vacuum tank.
The vacuum tank is connected to a fitting on the front of the throttle body with a one-way check valve.

The engine applies a vacuum to the vacuum tank via the one-way check valve.
The flapper valve is controlled by the ECU and via the flapper solenoid, which applies the vacuum to the flapper actuator diaphragm on top at certain RPMs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just lifted up the rubber booty and squirted some WD40 into that area. The Squeak is gone. OMG, I oiled every part of my throttle assembly before I realized it was the flapper.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another quick question.
With a stock chain and sprockets. How many links are needed for a chain?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tore apart my airbox and lubricated anything that moved before reading this. Been riding with the squeak all season. haha Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Don't use WD40 for lubrication, it will wash any lubricant away then dry out leaving it worse than before. It also swells up some plastics, also making the problem worse. WD40 is the worst product on the planet unless you are trying to get rid of water, that's what it was designed for, but for some reason it has become a cut all for most. That stuff is snake oil!

Use a good food safe spray grease, anything petroleum based will degrade plastic/rubber parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts