RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching all over for this problem but can't find anyone with the same issue. Just did the flapper mod but ran into some issues, I followed the flapper removal instructions on rouge site. Plugged up the line that goes to the throttlebody. Now she idle low around 900-1k and wants to die out. I adjusted the idle screw to 1300-1400 to compensate and it runs pretty rough and stumbles. So I'm scratching my head and double checking what I've done. So I went ahead and took out the plugged screw from the vacuum line that goes to the throttlebody and she runs fine. Smooth and idle back at 1300 engine temp 180.
My question is , does the vacuum line to the TB have to be plugged?
Did I do anything wrong?
I left the flapper cover in place but only took the vacuum tube out and cap the opening ( read some where that just taking the vaccine tube off the flapper remained open) everything else is off and plugged.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes TB has to be plugged. I removed the hose and replaced it with the same cap that's located on the opposite side of the TB. It's a tiny rubber cap and clip cost like $4 at local Honda dealer and makes the bike look cleaner.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I tried to locate that hose proping up the tank but not sure which one it is. Might have to remove the air box. Is it located towards the rear of the bike or front?
I put everything back except the flapper and its running fine. So i might just leave it like that.
Funny that i own this bike since new , did all the mods except the flapper. the most easiest mod is giving me problems

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I plugged up the hose and adjusted the idle to 1400 after it warmed up to 180. Everything's good, Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts