RC51 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 RC51
170 Posts
Just yank that crap out next time you have the fairings pulled off. Not a big deal at all..

The pair system is a little more involved, although no big deal either..

My 2 cents

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just yank that crap out next time you have the fairings pulled off. Not a big deal at all..

The pair system is a little more involved, although no big deal either..

My 2 cents
Ok cool,but is it worse it as far as hp gains?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Personally, if I we’re going to invest the time and money on Dyno tuning I would remove the entire system including the canister.
By disconnecting or removing the entire system, you prevent the flapper from closing around 5.7-6 k rpm’s. You won’t feel that dip in power

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally, if I we’re going to invest the time and money on Dyno tuning I would remove the entire system including the canister.
By disconnecting or removing the entire system, you prevent the flapper from closing around 5.7-6 k rpm’s. You won’t feel that dip in power
Ahh dually noted.I appointed the info,what year rc do you have.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you just remove the vacuum line , the flapper stays open. There are no horsepower gains to removing the flapper or the PAIR system. You don't need a dyno tune after doing either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice,I was thinking king of buying an 06 but not sure though.
I text, emailed and called on a new listing for a ‘04 Nicky Hayden. Individual had it listed for 3 hours when I saw the ad. It was stock with 11k miles and only 2 1/2 hours away
Asking 6k
Sold very fast, I was 3 hours too late!
This happened today

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you just remove the vacuum line , the flapper stays open. There are no horsepower gains to removing the flapper or the PAIR system. You don't need a dyno tune after doing either.
Really,why is everyone so adamant about it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Make sure you do the soft rev limiter mod. I gutted my entire airbox and installed a small air filter see and removed all the sound deadening stuff and removed the flapper and pairs system and caped it al off. Every pound adds up. Nevertheless the best thing to do to a RC 51 is suspension. The first two pics are from the thread.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts