RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that I am missing the cap that holds the flapper in the front air scoop area...

Although I don't need the flapper, is it important to have this 1 inch hole capped off?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I would think so, although I don't know the specific reason why.
There are plenty of options. You can reuse the OEM cap and plug the vacuum line, you can use a Kyle flapper cover, I think Ben at rc51parts.com also has them, and probably even Ebay. I saw one chap used duct tape for a temporary cover.
I chose the Kyle flapper cover, pricey, but a very nice piece of functional bling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think so, although I don't know the specific reason why.
There are plenty of options. You can reuse the OEM cap and plug the vacuum line, you can use a Kyle flapper cover, I think Ben at rc51parts.com also has them, and probably even Ebay. I saw one chap used duct tape for a temporary cover.
I chose the Kyle flapper cover, pricey, but a very nice piece of functional bling.
Dang, I just went on the RC51parts.com and its shut down until summer/fall of 2014.... bummer..

I did see the cap on ebay for $15 but is it a must to have is the million dollar question..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I don't think I can figure out such wizardry of that material...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please advise asap as I'd like to share this space age technology with everybody in the local strip clubs and brothels...
small talk if you will..

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
The stock spare bike I have I just left the hole, open

But this duct tape deal seems promising haha

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock spare bike I have I just left the hole, open

But this duct tape deal seems promising haha
RC Devil.. Since you've done so much modding, do you think by leaving this open will this have any adverse reactions to performance or air intake?

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
LDH would really be the authority on this matter not me haha , I couldn't imagine it having any negative effect to leave the hole open. It just looks better with it covered

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Not really, but I've been using the same ultra hi-tech solution for many years. It is pretty advanced, but with a little effort most RC owners can figure out how it works

Hmmm...looks similar to the evidence found at the Roswell crash site.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1407957098.337632.jpg

Who do you really work for LDH :eek:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I"d be interested... what are you asking?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts