RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
friendly new guy. bought an sp1 yesterday. bled the brakes today, it's incredible what you find once you start digging. plenty of fun today trying to get to know my new affair, it makes me feel like such a fng all over again.

in any event, i wanted to announce to other rc51 guys that i will be commuting to work tomorrow with the rc51. not sure how this forum is, but i had to laugh at the rougue site's opening text since it refers to "serious commuters" and how they "need not apply".

now a request for some help: i need the least expensive front rotors that are OEM quality or better. i have warped front rotors that i can live with but i'm not so pro that i can ignore the vibes when i'm at corner entry. otherwise, i got 44.6 mpg on the way home (with some "learning" and experimenting along the way) which is about 10+ mpg better than i expected.

last, i got the impression that the sp1 stock suspension would be so stiff as to be almost unworthy for street use. maybe it helped to have low expectations, but so far it's much better than i thought it would be.

ken

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Welcome to the group!

Try some of the folks here who are parting out their bikes to check if they still have one or a set of rotors for your SP1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i've got some responses already for the rotors, pretty happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts