RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your thoughts about folding pedal tips on aftermarket rearsets for the RC51?

Do they work and function well in the real world? Or are solid tips better?

I always liked the look, but don't know if function suffers.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I always thought that it looked pretty trick and it also prevents the pedal tip from breaking off in the event of an off.

I have never had the chance to own a set with that feature so can not really offer an opinion.

I know my Sato's are nice with everything hard mounted - but your fully aware, as you own a nice golden pair too. :cool:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
The folding tips on my Attacks work just fine for everyday use. They fold, but it's not super easy - stiff spring.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Unless is a light tip over folding tips would be the last thing I was worried about...if you're throwing it down the road or track there's a lot more to worry about than the shifter or brake pedals. It's something I've never paid much attention to.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thx Scott, good info.

Nobody, I should explain a little more. I'm not looking for folding performance from them. I'm wondering if folding pedal tips impede the shifting/braking performance of rearsets as after all they are not a solid mount per se. I'd hate to have them make shifting/braking less firm or add more play.

Here is one for example PB.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Makes sense...I ran aftermarket folding tips on my YZ250 and never had issues but then again if you miss shifts wearing dirt boots then you're doing something wrong. I have never ran them on the street or track, if they are as stiff as Scottm says then I don't see any problems.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Here is a pic of the shifter side. This is my other bike and not the RC, but the same concept unless you actually have attacks and then it should be identical.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Never had a moment's problem on dirt bikes.

I wouldn't mind haven't a folding tip on both shift or brake levers on my bikes.
If you look closely at the MotoGP and WSBK bikes, they use them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts