RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was just looking at that.
compared to the track day experiment tank this one should be a breeze.

That tank on the bay dont look that bad.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Thanks Mb, you know I can fix that! Did you notice the gold edging on the letters and wing?

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Who in the f**k uses compressed air to remove a fuel pump !!!!
Idiot stick !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Thanks Mb, you know I can fix that! Did you notice the gold edging on the letters and wing?
Mine has this . don't they all ? Gold edging that is

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Correct, My '01 had it...I have sold that tank though. Now I have a complete race body/tank in white.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
That thing is worthless. The seam going down the middle is blown out too. I'd be surprised if the pinch weld on the bottom seam wasn't ripped apart too. It is probably fixable, but after all the work, you'd be better off buying one that has rash, or isn't completely fucked.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Only the 2001 and 2003, from what I've read.

It's there to commemorate the WSBK championships won in 2000 and 2002.
Thanks for that info :D

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fix it then...:D

Yes, its a nice touch to the tank.;)

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Fix it then...:D

Yes, its a nice touch to the tank.;)
My max bid was $26. B.Miller could be right about the pinchseam being bent. You can't tell well enough from the pictures, so 26 + 40 shipping was the most I was willing to take that chance. Someone outbid me.
Who knows, it could be an easy fit.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Yea, just use compressed air on it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, who knows :D??? LOL

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
My max bid was $26. B.Miller could be right about the pinchseam being bent. You can't tell well enough from the pictures, so 26 + 40 shipping was the most I was willing to take that chance. Someone outbid me.
Who knows, it could be an easy fit.
I wouldn't spend $25 on it if the shipping was free. Look at the seam running down the middle in front of the filler neck. It's going to be a losing proposition to get that tank back into original shape, and then it still has to hold fuel.

Also, with the bottom being pushed out like that, what has happened to the vent and drain lines that run to the bottom of the tank? Are they still attached inside?

Lots of stuff to think about, don't waste your money.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I am with b.miller....The tank is SHITE !!! Even if you got it some what normal looking again....It still has to hold fuel with out leaking people. Waste of time/money/effort for sure.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I wasn't going to try to straighten the bottom. I figured on cutting it out and replacing it with the bottom from my tank. Not to worry about that now...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts