RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to think about my next move and being as I need tires - probably makes sense to get this under my belt first or I will end up waiting until I need them again. Looking to see if anyone has a set of forged aluminums before I go new. Not interested in magnesium.

Anyone looking to sell a set?

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I have a forged set of PVM 7 spokes with a spare set of (used cush drove rubbers - recently replaced) + a used 43 tooth 530 & a brand new custom made Supersprox 42 sprocket (In it's package). The wheels look like this:

Tires are currently on it (BT016's). Front is pretty much finished, rear is half worn.
I can remove them before shipping & have the original box, etc. Alternatively I have a brand new unused BT016 front I can put on and ship together.
Condition is much the same as when new in the pics above, aside from a few tiny chips or scratches from changing tires. They still look pretty much perfect. Obviously a lot lighter than standard. Don't know their weights without tires but they do make a difference to how the bike rides compared to standard of course.

Was going to sell them here in Japan as I now have Dymag DA5's on, but not gotten around to it yet. They're hanging in storage for now.
Not in any hurry to sell - but if it's what you want PM me if interested and I can take some up to date pics and go from there.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stig is going to sell his locally in Japan folks, so this is still on the table.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ive kind of been asking myself the same question... I think im going to go with a set of Galespeed type R's, wish i could find them used though :/

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Here you go....there was a member here who purchased a set (Justanadamexican?)from Superbike Unlimited, AKDMA on Speedzilla is a rep pm him there. I'm sure that's where JAM got them from.
I bought a rear floater for my RC from AKDMA good guy to deal with.

The price is right and I've seen these wheels up close on a buddies Gixxer they're nice.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/151092610621?nav=SEARCH

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've checked into the RK and I just can't fall in love with them. Can't put my finger on it, but it's either the spoke design or the finish.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I've checked into the RK and I just can't fall in love with them. Can't put my finger on it, but it's either the spoke design or the finish.
Too bad...I kinda like the design. Well I do know of a set of BST's for a CBR1000 I'm tempted but just a bit out of reach right now as I just dropped some money on new tires for the car.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
JAMs thread didn't show much weight loss with them compared to stock. I haven't seen any aluminum wheel with much of a weight loss over stock. But if going for looks, there are a lot of aluminum options.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Well my PM's are not that much less than stock but the placement of where the weight is or the MOI is at all the right places the left right transitions are very noticeable.

If its serious weight loss you're after do forged mag or carbon. Simple...

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still snooping around on this project guys - just in case anyone runs across something.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
No longer looking. Mods please delete.
I think the charter rules require pics of acquisitions...if you did indeed acquire :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts