RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what mods you all would suggest for the forks. My left fork needs to have the seal replaced. But since I will have it torn apart, I figured why not make it better. They are the stock forks! Love to buy Ohlins but my wife would KILL ME!!! Then there would be a nice 2004 RC51 for sale!

Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
You could replace the OEM internals with Race-Tech or Traxxion-Dynamics valves and springs.
A set of rebound and compression valves, and springs for both forks will run around $500-600.
Or for a little bit more, you could go with a Traxxion-Dynamics AK-20 cartridge kit, which replaces all the fork internals (cartridge, springs, valves, spacers, etc).

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
You could replace the OEM internals with Race-Tech or Traxxion-Dynamics valves and springs.
A set of rebound and compression valves, and springs for both forks will run around $500-600.
Or for a little bit more, you could go with a Traxxion-Dynamics AK-20 cartridge kit, which replaces all the fork internals (cartridge, springs, valves, spacers, etc).
Do not forget the topout spring and spacer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you are going to get in there and mod things... you'll love the difference when done (correctly). A GREAT improvement over stock!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts