RC51 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. i was in my local Honda Suzuki shop friday for tires for my SV 1000 and the tech said the owner had a 03 RC51 stashed in the back so he showed it to me . it only had 528 miles on it and micron carbon cans and heli bars. i asked the owner if it was for sale and he said he really did not want to sell but if came up with $8000 it was mine. it is in show room condition so i bought it saturday and went for group ride sunday of about 500 miles. all i can say is i love this bike.. i may have over paid i'm not sure but thats OK....
be talking to you all soon....
Bill.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn you didnt over pay if that is the real milege.. Nice snag there partner. welcome to the group
thanks for the welcome. that is the real milage. he collects bikes. he also has an RC30 and an Rc45. i'll post pics this weekend. any thoughts on tires???

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice score there i picked one up near boston w\800 on the clock 2003. undertail akrapovic exhaust, strech cover,spare sprockets,two stands,box full of other stuff i havent looked at yet and all factory parts. even original bill of sale still unwrinkled with owners manual. and showroom condition even tires still had little nubs on them for 6800.00. ten weeks ago and it has rained for the last 8 wks:mad:but the little riding i did i love this machine :D tried posting pics but wont work any body have any ideas

·
Registered
162 Posts
nice score there i picked one up near boston w\800 on the clock 2003. undertail akrapovic exhaust, strech cover,spare sprockets,two stands,box full of other stuff i havent looked at yet and all factory parts. even original bill of sale still unwrinkled with owners manual. and showroom condition even tires still had little nubs on them for 6800.00. ten weeks ago and it has rained for the last 8 wks:mad:but the little riding i did i love this machine :D tried posting pics but wont work any body have any ideas
Upload them to a site like Photobucket.com and copy the link with tags wrapped around it.
Paste the link in your post reply. Repeat as necessary. To make sure it worked, click the "Preview Post" button next to the "Submit Reply" button to see what it will look like.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
15K miles with a 15/42 520 setup. I put the FMF exhaust on for $357. Steel braided brake lines front/rear are on the way for $65 and then I'm done for now. Greggs flushmounts got a closeout set in white for $36. I was going to paint them black but I sanded them down and decided to hold off on the black paint for a while. I really want a used scotts mount so I can swap my scotts between the 954 and the RC. The RC doesnt seem to really need the scotts as badly as the 954 but if I can get a good deal on the mount I'll grab one for sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought my mint '03 RC last year from a Honda MC tech who was soon to be a young Daddy, 1200 miles, with Leo Vince exhaust, 15/42 sprocket/chain combo and a slew of original Honda spare parts, such as brakes, fork seals, bulbs, etc.
The bike was on E-bay with a BIN for $7K, the bidding was up to $6200. so I pulled the trigger on BIN! I've never regretted the decision! I sold my mint 12K mile CBR 929 to a 45 year old Dad who wanted to ride with his son. BTW, here's a picture of me and my son after a hot ride with the CBR and RC. BTW, my son now is a VA state trooper!

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts