RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 06 RC51 to replace a ZX10, loving the V Twin experience. The bike needs alot of detailing to bring it to the proper level, all the plastics have been cleaned up, Maguires Scratch X2.0 does an excellent job, the black fairings look incredible. What are people using to cleanup the black anodized frame on the RC51s. all advice is appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Overall, I feel that it works well.
It takes away the white oxidized haze. It's not a permanent fix but lasts a long time. I do it to mine about once a year.

But do it a day or so before you wash the bike to get the excess off, otherwise dust and dirt will stick to it.

Search the topic and Armor all, and you'll find my other post with more information on this.

James

·
Registered
897 Posts
Overall, I feel that it works well.
It takes away the white oxidized haze. It's not a permanent fix but lasts a long time. I do it to mine about once a year.

But do it a day or so before you wash the bike to get the excess off, otherwise dust and dirt will stick to it.

Search the topic and Armor all, and you'll find my other post with more information on this.

James
Interesting! Wasnt trying to dog you or anything, just noticed anything ive used armor all on stays greasy for awhile. Ill have to try it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Interesting! Wasnt trying to dog you or anything, just noticed anything ive used armor all on stays greasy for awhile. Ill have to try it.

No offence taken man. I've experienced the same.
But on paint, and after its washed, with normal car wash soap, it goes away

·
Registered
897 Posts
If nothing else try it on a small hidden area and post up what you think.

Personally I would like to know your opinion.

James
Yea, I think I will, I might have some days off work here shortly, thinking about detailing the beast.

·
Registered
897 Posts
On a side note, does your frame get extremely hot while riding? Mine literally is face melting lava hot. I just assumed this is normal heat tranfer from the engine bay. I was thinking of doing some exhaust wrap to keep the heat down in there. Might help a little

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
On a side note, does your frame get extremely hot while riding? Mine literally is face melting lava hot. I just assumed this is normal heat tranfer from the engine bay. I was thinking of doing some exhaust wrap to keep the heat down in there. Might help a little

Maybe get the headers ceramic coated. Much better than wrapping, which will trap dirt, etc. I've heard of a guy putting his hand on a hot turbo exhaust housing that had been ceramic coated and not burning his hands.... So my RX-7's turbo housing is also now ceramic coated, just waiting to refit when the weather gets cooler.
Zircotec in the UK did mine, but I'm sure there are companies in the US who offer this.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I just bought a 06 RC51 to replace a ZX10, loving the V Twin experience. The bike needs alot of detailing to bring it to the proper level, all the plastics have been cleaned up, Maguires Scratch X2.0 does an excellent job, the black fairings look incredible. What are people using to cleanup the black anodized frame on the RC51s. all advice is appreciated
The frame's not anodized, it's just painted (or not for the 2004 model).

·
Registered
897 Posts
Maybe get the headers ceramic coated. Much better than wrapping, which will trap dirt, etc. I've heard of a guy putting his hand on a hot turbo exhaust housing that had been ceramic coated and not burning his hands.... So my RX-7's turbo housing is also now ceramic coated, just waiting to refit when the weather gets cooler.
Zircotec in the UK did mine, but I'm sure there are companies in the US who offer this.
Thats a good point, stig. I didnt think about dirt and grease getting all throughout the fibers of the exhaust wrap. Anybody have problems with keeping the wrap clean? Also, wonder how much it would cost to ceramic coat the headers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts