RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can find an RC51 fitting set of Frame plugs? Or would something off an 04-07 cbr 1000rr fit? Are the honda's universal that way? Any searches i do keep pulling up info on spark-plugs, which, while informative....is not what i am looking for...yet.

thanks!:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, i'm looking for the colored (or black) plugs about 1.5-2 inches around that would cover the frame bolts. i am still "picture posting challenged" but below is a link that shows what i mean. They are aesthetic only. they go on the large bolts directly in front of the rearsets.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2006models/2006-Honda-RC51a.jpg

here are some on a 1000rr

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/125/dsc023170gt.jpg/sr=1

*- side note, how do i embed photos on this forum? it seems different than my tacoma forum.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New year, new bump. I am still looking for something to cover the ugly pivot bolts on my 06 black frame. Anyone seen anything yet? The 1000rr plugs are too small.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree to disagree with you.

I'm not sure what year bike you have, but i have the black frame and the black fairings, and a giant pivot bolt shining out looks like something was missed. It would be different on the bare frames.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Frame plugs ,eh? Welcome to "Ducati syndrome."

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
i doubt you'll find them. I've never even heard of them before.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
You can:

a) get the metal frame plugs from Lowes, or an auto store and try to make something work

b)pull them out and anodize them.

c)paint them

or d) live with it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Why? The plugs look worse than the bolts they cover up. It is a motorcycle, it has nuts and bolts holding it together. Why cover it up?
I agree with ya but I kinda feel what the OP is talking about, that is the only bolt that bothers me on the whole bike. I found a kit a while back but cant tell ya where the hell to get them cause all of my links are in my dead lap top :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts