RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had trouble with my brake lights coming on from the rear brake or front brake. Finally installed a Hotbodies undertail, which looks sweet by the way and my brake lights work perfect with the rear brake but it seems there is a button inside the brake lever that when squeezed pushes the button in to connect a circuit for the brake lights. What seems to be the issue is that button or w/e it is gets stuck here and there, what I was wandering is where is located and can i replace it??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not sure about the front, but for the rear, there is also an adjustment you can do right at the pedal. There is a plastic fitting that is threaded and you twist it like a nut or the end of your garden hose, and it brings the break 'button' closer to the pedal so you can adjust how far you need to press the pedal. When I got my bike, it was very far away and the pedal wouldn't hit the switch. I adjusted it so that I barely have to tap the pedal for it to come on. Check that out too, just in case you're having to really push your foot down to make the lights work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
IIRC there is a connection under the right control pod that activates the brake lights. I had one go bad on my 500 interceptor...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts