RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, not long had the bike but noticed the brake light isn't working when I pull the front brake lever . There are 2 wires connected at back of lever and noticed a connector out so I cleaned it and put it back on. I cleaned it with wd40 ..was that a good idea ?? Anyway still no joy.
I also have no manual for her . She is a '03 bike UK SP2.
Your help on the above matter would be much appreciated . Hope it is something simple like a fuse etc !! The bike is brill ..love it ..apart from getting roasted down below when in traffic !!

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
How about the rear brake light switch?
Light comes on when brake pedal pressed?
If yes, then it may be a problem with the front brake switch (micro-switches do wear out) or wiring problem.
If no, then it may be a problem with rear brake switch adjustment blown bulbs, or wiring problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for replying ..the rear brake is fine just the front that doesn't work. Is it an easy fix ??

Thanks for your help !

Regards, Gary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI mate , I haven't tried that yet . I have just started to look and found one of the connectors out . Havent got any contact cleaner but will get it and see as I am sure its just that simple.

A switch is only £10 on ebay too.

Have a busted left hand for now bur will get a proper look at it when not as sore !!

Thanks for help !!! Gary.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
For future reference do not use WD 40 on electrical circuits.

Contact cleaner and dielectric grease is the way to go.

You can test the switch with a meter too...godd luck to you:wink2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi ...I will pop into the retail centre for contact cleaner as when I saw one of the connectors out I thought I had hit the jackpot !!
Will give them both a good clean then see if it works. If not then it looks like a new switch !

Thanks for your advice ..much appreciated !!

Gary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts