RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got an issue I can't figure out. Bought a used rc front wheel-with large spacer on braake side and small spacer on clutch side, the gap between the fork legs is approx. 10mm on clutch side and 30mm on brake side. Its as if the wheel spacers are backwards but the are not. Forl legs are on appropriate sides, wheel is directionally corect. Could the internal spacer between the bearings be backwards? Trying to figure this out-it doesn't make sense and I can't get my front end on w/o tixing this problem.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Derrel

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Post some good pics of your front wheel and bearings.
bearings can only go so far in the hub anyways.
Are you sure the bearings are original or original spec/size?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D9NT know the hx of the wheel..maybe devil can chime in...will photo 2nite...I may pull chylwills front wheel off and see if it has the same problem, in an attempt to rule out wheel or forks...may swap spacers just to see.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
front wheel is a known good SP2 wheel, it came off my personal bike.
it has both spacers.

Derrel where is the spacing problem happening? when you try to put the calipers on the brackets? or is the wheel going all the way through?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
In the mean time you could try a few quick things. You could spin the outer fork tubes in the triples and see if that changes the spacing, indicative of bent forks. Also should do the same thing to the stanchions.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when I look at wills wheel on the bike, the spacers look like they are identical i.e. both APPEAR to have about 10mm sticking out from the seals, i.e. equal. On mine, the larger spacer appears larger like 20-30 mm while the other is 10mm or so..its like the bearing on that side is pushing the larger spacer out...but it all fits between the fork legs perfectly, just the wheel to fork leg spacing is oofset to the clutch side 10-15 mm.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
the larger spacer is slightly recessed in, maybe its not seating in all the way

the part that shows should be the same, but the larger spacer sits "inside" the wheel more

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
The longer spacer is on the rider's right, while the shorter space is to the rider's left.
The index mark on the axle should align flush to the outer edge of the left fork.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for some (probably since I posted this and made a fool of myself), the damn wheel went on straight changing nothing....oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts