RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale 2003 RC51 16,000 miles $4500

Everything you see in the pics is included EXCEPT THE WHEELS! I'll explain that when the time comes....

First the Caveat: I really screwed this thing up a couple years ago when the undertail failed and dropped the wiring harness onto the rear tire while being chased by a dozen AFM racers around the first lap at Sonoma causing a myriad of problems not the least of which was a lean condition that blew a headgasket as the engine temp soared. So a new Regulator/Rectifer, New ECU, a used harness and a professionally installed set of head gaskets later here we are... She starts and runs perfectly fine, but I have not ridden it in anger since the repairs. Might run for 50,000 more miles, might blow up tomorrow. I am no psychic fortune teller so I just don't know, but I do believe in full disclosure.

This bike was down to 9 seconds off the lap record at Buttonwillow with my fat ass on it while testing the TTX-GP shock build. Somebody like Bryce Prince could probably half that or better!

Brembo Masters with Spiegler Lines
Brembo Rear Caliper custom anodized
Braketech Cast Iron Rear Full Floating Rotor
Ohlins NIX 30 Retrofit Cartridge Kit with SKF Seals
Ohlins One off TTX-GP Shock with Kyle Racing Link
Sato Rear Sets with Prototype Res Cup
Sato bar Ends
Kyle Racing Clip-Ons
PCIII USB
Scotts Damper With the OHLINS BRANDING!!! very rare
ARATA low mount Prototype exhausts
EDR Billet Clutch Cover
Real Carbon Fiber Front Fender
AFAM & Drive Systems 15/43 kit with 3D Chain
I think the bodywork is Catalyst Composites, but I am not 100% sure...

I will reinstall the OEM wheels prior to the new owner taking delivery unless an agreement is made differently.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
For Sale 2003 RC51 16,000 miles $4500

Everything you see in the pics is included EXCEPT THE WHEELS! I'll explain that when the time comes....

First the Caveat: I really screwed this thing up a couple years ago when the undertail failed and dropped the wiring harness onto the rear tire while being chased by a dozen AFM racers around the first lap at Sonoma causing a myriad of problems not the least of which was a lean condition that blew a headgasket as the engine temp soared. So a new Regulator/Rectifer, New ECU, a used harness and a professionally installed set of head gaskets later here we are... She starts and runs perfectly fine, but I have not ridden it in anger since the repairs. Might run for 50,000 more miles, might blow up tomorrow. I am no psychic fortune teller so I just don't know, but I do believe in full disclosure.

This bike was down to 9 seconds off the lap record at Buttonwillow with my fat ass on it while testing the TTX-GP shock build. Somebody like Bryce Prince could probably half that or better!

Brembo Masters with Spiegler Lines
Brembo Rear Caliper custom anodized
Braketech Cast Iron Rear Full Floating Rotor
Ohlins NIX 30 Retrofit Cartridge Kit with SKF Seals
Ohlins One off TTX-GP Shock with Kyle Racing Link
Sato Rear Sets with Prototype Res Cup
Sato bar Ends
Kyle Racing Clip-Ons
PCIII USB
Scotts Damper With the OHLINS BRANDING!!! very rare
ARATA low mount Prototype exhausts
EDR Billet Clutch Cover
Real Carbon Fiber Front Fender
AFAM & Drive Systems 15/43 kit with 3D Chain
I think the bodywork is Catalyst Composites, but I am not 100% sure...

I will reinstall the OEM wheels prior to the new owner taking delivery unless an agreement is made differently.
Hi, is your bike still available?, where is it located?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 2000 sp1 for last 8 years that got ripped off this winter and looking to replace with a sp2, I don't race, perhaps a track day or two pr year. your bike sounds tastefully outfitted. when the new gaskets went on, Im assuming they measured for warpage if done professionally. is the title clear? this would be registered for the streets. One logistic issues is I live in Calgary Alberta Canada. If we were to move forward, Id like to have it checked out by a licence shop. If all fair and deal made I would get the bike shipped.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a 2000 sp1 for last 8 years that got ripped off this winter and looking to replace with a sp2, I don't race, perhaps a track day or two pr year. your bike sounds tastefully outfitted. when the new gaskets went on, Im assuming they measured for warpage if done professionally. is the title clear? this would be registered for the streets. One logistic issues is I live in Calgary Alberta Canada. If we were to move forward, Id like to have it checked out by a licence shop. If all fair and deal made I would get the bike shipped.

This definitely not the bike you want nor am I going to jump through hoops to make a sale when I have fully outlined the exact condition of the motorcycle in detail above. This bike will never be ridden on the street again. Nothing exists from that period of its life nor would you ever be able to appreciate the effort that went into building the suspension purely as a track weapon.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Damn, I’m really tempted! That’s a great deal Mike. The suspension is almost worth that by itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts