RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know from searching that this subject is beat to death, but hear me out.

About 18 months ago I was called back into active military service and have been jumping between there and civilian life since....

My 2002 Rc51 , (no mods other than exhaust) has sat that whole time..... when it was put away ( in a dry garage, on stands) it ran and started fine like all Hondas do.

I came home for good earlier this summer and just have finally got everything normalized in life and thought I would blow the dust off her before winter.

Of course, the battery needed replacing. Go to start it.... no prime. Kill switch is on, it's in neutral.

When I turn the key on, the FI light comes on and hear a relay click at same time... then relay clicks again and FI light goes out . The bike cranks strong... like I said...just no priming. I would love any help I could get, as the military doesn't pay the greatest and don't want to hand it to a Honda dealer if I don't have too.

Hopefully I can get some good step by step help here..... just has me puzzled since it has been dry and covered

Thanks for any and all help

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
To just clarify, did you mean the engine run switch near the throttle is in the RUN position?
Because if it isn't, the engine will turn over, but the fuel pump won't prime.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The bank angle sensor. bank angle relay and fuel cut off relay are all in the circuit that powers up the fuel pump. I suck at electrical but looking at the shop manual it appears you need to check those out. The fuel cut relay will click when the ignition switch is turned on & kill switch in run position. No click indicates you should check it. May not be bad though as I believe it gets current for relay from the angle sensor relay when the angle sensor reports ok. If you don't have a shop manual may be available for online download. Pretty sure I saw one while searching the net for RC stuff. Might have been on bayarearidersforum.com under the garage section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts