RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Story:
'03 SP2. Started the bike in the parking lot at work, made a weird sputtering noise, but thought nothing of it. Ride it about 10 feet, sputters and dies. Fuel pump not priming.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it:
Friend had laid it down about 3 days prior when trying to sit on it, but really gentle. Only visible damage was handlebar ends and turn signal lens popped out. Murdered friend.

What I've Tried/Checked:
Fuses - all good
Relays - Ordered a new relay and swapped it out with all 3 matching relays in the tail, one by one. Did not make a difference. Then noticed that the fuel pump relay was clicking when I toggle the kill switch. (who wants an extra relay?)
PCII - gets power

What I want to try but have no idea what I'm doing:
Bank Angle Sensor - going to dismount and tilt it around to see if it trips fuel cutoff relay. Also, I know there is a way to check voltage with meter... can anyone tell me where to put leads and what it should read? (retarded when it comes to electronics.

What next?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
That is one comprehensive thread Mbee. Good call, good read.
fwiw, my last no-fuel-prime was a bad relay in the bank angle relay.
I didn' tquite follow you but did you have two known-good relays in the bank angle and the fuel cut-out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be on the opposite side as the fuel cut-out, rear of the subframe.
I have three relays back there. the fuel cut-out, blinker, and bank angle sensor.
Swap in a known good relay to the bank angle sensor relay.
That case those are good. Swapped a good relay in all 3 because the rear harness was hacked up and I couldnt tell which was the fuel pump relay.

I'll try the kick stand... what should I be looking for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts