RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
Turns out I am in need of a Fuel Pump for my SP1 - does Sp1 vs SP2 matter or are they all the same ?

Saw one at Ben's but wasn't sure if it matters ? :confused:

Raleigh

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at the "bay"....$149 and up.....Ben has done me right on my last few purchases so I want to make sure I go there first.

With that said, I did see some in the $70 range that were for EFI applications, but I do not think that will work for me ?

I was able to futz with the fuel pump and got it working, but I know when I hit a bump or drive on roads that are not so smooth the vibration will loosen whatever it is that came undone.

Would love to be able to just buy the part I need, but I might be safer buying the whole assembly ....

Thoughts ??

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I looked at the "bay"....$149 and up.....Ben has done me right on my last few purchases so I want to make sure I go there first.

With that said, I did see some in the $70 range that were for EFI applications, but I do not think that will work for me ?

I was able to futz with the fuel pump and got it working, but I know when I hit a bump or drive on roads that are not so smooth the vibration will loosen whatever it is that came undone.

Would love to be able to just buy the part I need, but I might be safer buying the whole assembly ....

Thoughts ??
Buy the assy and install new gaskets....fuel is nothing to f with.;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy's....gonna order the whole assy just to make sure

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I'm looking to pick up a fuel pump for my newly acquired track tank.

The question was asked in the original post but never answered.

SP1? SP2? Interchangeable?

I've been researching this but all I've been able to find on the two part numbers listed:
16700-MCF-D32 listed for the 2000-2003 models
16700-MCF-D61 listed for the 2004-2006 models

Anyone know the differences between the two?

Thanks,
James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts