RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for full exhaust for 01 rc51,I have zero exhaust slips ons,on it now.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
The full Ladybird system requires an SP2 swingarm. There isn't much out there as far as full systems for the SP1 and the gains are pretty negligible for the street in comparison with slipon setups.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The full Ladybird system requires an SP2 swingarm. There isn't much out there as far as full systems for the SP1 and the gains are pretty negligible for the street in comparison with slipon setups.
Ahhh I see,well I'm just trying to get some more power out of this thing,everyone tells me go full exhaust but ain't really that much out there,nothing but junk just trying to get a few more ponys,ponds, about different coil for a hotter spark?

·
Registered
366 Posts
My apologies , I didn't notice you have an SP-1. Unfortunately , Simon isn't listing any SP-1 exhausts right now.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
If you have a SP1 and your exhaust says "ZERO" on it and then some Japanese characters. It is likely a Moriwaki system, in that case you already have one of the finest exhausts available for a sp1 and other exhausts are going to be hard to find/likely not as good.

only other full exhaust for the sp1 that you see change hands these days, the Akra full or Jardine 2>1

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
De smog bike if it is not, and get rid of air box flapper. Get it dyno tuned for the slip ons you have and save mod money for upgraded suspension.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have a SP1 and your exhaust says "ZERO" on it and then some Japanese characters. It is likely a Moriwaki system, in that case you already have one of the finest exhausts available for a sp1 and other exhausts are going to be hard to find/likely not as good.

only other full exhaust for the sp1 that you see change hands these days, the Akra full or Jardine 2>1
How coukd I get or find a header pipe to make it full exhaust.

·
Registered
RC51 SP-1
42 Posts
Probably, only Yamamoto Racing in Japan is currently making a full exhaust that can be used in SP1.
Acra is a full exhaust that is relatively easy to obtain, but since we are no longer making repair parts, if the flange etc. breaks, it cannot be repaired.
I don't know why it's limited to full, but I personally recommend slip-on.
The weight and performance of Acra's titanium and OEM exhaust pipes are not much different.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts