RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 04 RC51 it had been wrecked. I have been repairing the plastics, but that is time consuming and I am really busy doing other things. Trying to replace the stack plastics with OEM parts is needless to say extremely expensive. So, I did a ton of research to find a vendor of aftermarket plastics - and aside from the chinese knock-offs on ebay, most of the "plastics" were actually fiberglass (which add's to much weight in my opinion).

Finally I found a company that makes ABS Plastics for sportbikes. Nice Cycle.com. I received the plastics yesterday, and they are flawless. They don't come with the OEM Stickers (other than the RVT1000), but they are pre-drilled and fitted perfectly. I ordered Racing plastics (no Headlights and no trunk) without thinking about the street - but a Dremmel tool fixed that issue without damaging the paint scheme at all. I will post some pic's as soon as I get them on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice, please post or forward me pics. I want a new tail section for my '04 to match OEM. I bought the bike with the tail painted silver and with BIG "1000R" stickers on it, but it has a crack that is growing on the back.

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
I had been telling folks about Nice Cycle for some time now.
They are high-quality ABS like the OEM bodywork.
I was waiting for someone to give them a try and report back.
Good to see they live up to the reputation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tail section came with the entire set, they were all pre-painted. In fact they sent me the racing nose piece, and I wanted the street nose. Called them, they offered to pay for the shipping to return the one that I had and send me the street. I kept the racing one, and ordered the street that matches the set - they gave me 25% off the price for the street. I paid 499 for the entire set, it was on sale. The stock upper is around 400 - the street upper was 259 then take off the 25% and free shipping - and still a great price.

·
Registered
142 Posts
sounds like a great deal, and sounds like good stuff. although fyi, most fiberglass aftermarket body kits are going to be lighter than stock (unless they are junk brands).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lookin' good. Maybe over the winter I can save up enough scratch to buy a set in that black/white or gunmetal gray color scheme.

BTW, nicecycle fairings are made in China as well, but I guess they have better quality control. Also, there is a HUGE difference between Chinese and Taiwan fairings. Taiwan fairings are well made and many Chinese fairings are the garbage ones you hear about on the internet, seen both in person and seen both being fitted to bikes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
how long did it take for you to get them after you paid? I ordered a set from Auctmarts off ebay a little over a year ago and it took them 28 days to get to my door. The fairings were really nice quality and they even came with an extra windsceen and tank protector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It took about 5days from the time I ordered them until they got to my door. I bought them directly from Nice Cycle though - didn't go through ebay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lookin good ! spot on for sharing the address. I have to order ALL new plastics cause the idiot who had the bike before me managed to crack every one of em'.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics of the Nice Cycle Plastics

Sorry the picture is dark - I will try to get some better pic's up soon. A note on the installation of these plastics, you will need a Dremel! Not much adjustment was needed - just minor alignment issues, and some items were not a perfect match, the front oil cooler plastic may have been designed for an SP1 - but again nothing a Dremel couldn't remedy. As for the Fairing Bolt kits that are ordered through Nice Cycle - I thought that they would be anodized, but they were painted - just an FYI, caused me to order the plain ones because of the paint being inside the head of the bolts.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts