RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my front brake lines in and I’m trying to figure out how to stick this square peg into a round hole. OEM lines have three leads that Y off at a splitter. Galfer is two separate lines. What kind of wizardry do I need to make this happen?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Double lines at the master cylinder with the double banjo bolt. One line to each caliper, splitter not used. YMMV.

·
Banned
48 Posts
For anybody looking for brake or clutch lines in the future , Coremoto has good prices and no extra charges for your choice of colors or color combinations of hoses and ends. Check them out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was really considering Core. Their brake lines look great! I only went with Galfer due to their extended history in racing bikes. At least the little amount of reading I've done on it suggested they've been around awhile.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
none of the brake line manufacturers actually manufacture their own hoses and fittings. they just assemble them.

hydraulic hoses and fittings are made by companies much larger than core and galfer.

so really, they're all probably the same.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
The best brake lines are Spiegler, imo. Their mounting points will swivel allowing a perfect alignment.
I've had Galfer lines for 8 years, perfectly happy with them.

And since pads were mentioned, I've been quite impressed with CL's on my Galfer rotors. At least for street use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts