RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, installing a Galfer clutch line and I noticed that it's a good 2 - 3 inches longer than the oem line which has me confused on what's going to be the best way to route it. Anybody else run into this problem. Can anyone give me a little info on what's my best routing option? Thanks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply LDH. Ive tried following the oem routing but the line is too long. It'll either be really bunched up at either end, which won't work, or I can tuck the line behind the radiator towards the engine. I worry about the line rubbing on something if I go that route. Am I being paranoid?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, routing it behind the fork leg. Using an oem master cylinder.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hmmm... It's been pretty well known in the industry that Galfer in the past (and maybe present too) just eyeballed their measurements in many cases rather than doing a proper design by getting a test model into their shop for an actual fitting. Maybe this is one of those " well it looks about this long" jobs :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds that way. Story of my life. Guess I'll just have to use my best judgment. God help us all !

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Sorry you're having that trouble Jake. Is it impossible to return it to Galfer, or the distributor you got it from? If it doesn't fit right, that should be grounds for a return.

I can personally attest to the fact that you won't have that problem with the Spiegler clutch line. I bought one last year from LDH, it fit's just as it should. Perfect.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jon. I ended up tucking the slack in above the counter shaft sprocket. Not ideal but I think it'll be okay.

I always thought Galfer was suppose to be good. I guess next time I'll know better.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts