RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive removed it several times, but is there a trick to getting it off without spilling gas everywhere?

Obviously run as much gas out of the tank as possible, but anything else?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a piece of tubing 4 inches long with a bolt in the end...as soon as you pull the fuel line off, cap it with the line with the bolt in it.

or you could put an inline stop cock in also.....

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I have a piece of tubing 4 inches long with a bolt in the end...as soon as you pull the fuel line off, cap it with the line with the bolt in it.
.....x2 ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

or you could put an inline stop cock in also.....
But the fuel line uses a banjo bolt, so how does that work?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I use a kerosene pump. Works great and removes every last drop from in the tank. Still a small amount of fuel in the lines but that is just part of it.
I am going with some trick Japanese quick release hardware shortly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
it's been about a year since I had mine off, but in the shop manual they describe using a vacuum pump like a mitey vac for bleeding brakes. You hook it up to the vent hose nipple on the tank, create a vacuum then remove the gas lines. Works great, no spilled gas!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Ive removed it several times, but is there a trick to getting it off without spilling gas everywhere?

Obviously run as much gas out of the tank as possible, but anything else?
This is the answer.
just do it AWAY from your compressor and once the siphon starts let it run most of the gas out then simply vacuum every last drop ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Pretty impressive, 6 ways and counting, to remove the fuel from your tank.
Add a pocket full of smurfs, and you have seven :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
my banjo bolt never leaks, just the slip 1/8 line with spring clamp-thats where I put ny piece of tubing with the bolt un it.....

BTW, how's King Thaddeus III? LOL...LOVE that cats name:)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my banjo bolt never leaks, just the slip 1/8 line with spring clamp-thats where I put ny piece of tubing with the bolt un it.....

BTW, how's King Thaddeus III? LOL...LOVE that cats name:)
Think he got eaten by a coyote. He sort of just disappeared one day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts