RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted: Gas Tank for RC51 any Year any Color. Can be in perfect condition or dented! As long as it doesn't leak!

Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have one for sale on Wilmington's Craig List on 9/12/10. See Craigs List for pictures and details.

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/mcy/1950454628.html

This tank also has the fuel pump and gas cap. Tank came off my track bike. If you have any questions I can be contacted at 910-278-3240. (Oak Island, NC)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RookieRC51,

I noticed in your pictures that you have a 2000 model with a Vin #000021.
Have you looked at the recent post Vin #00002.
If you haven't you need to, I think you have a special bike?

Tim

·
Registered
91 Posts
good eye man,.i always wonder about that..i bought the bike really cheap..:D about 5 months ago from a guy who doesn't take good care of it.bike was in a really rough shape.(the original tank wasn't even bolted to the frame
and leaking fuel ) and it has a salvage title..i'm slowly rebuilding it as a track bike.i wonder where can i get more info about rc51 vin#., is vin#0000021 means it's the the 21st bike made for the U.S?...anyway I love this bike, i,ve been riding inline 4 all my life, this is the first time i own a v-twin, too bad honda don't make them anymore.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you check out that post? It gives you some info your might be looking for.
Also your engine might have a date scribed in it. They have picture of an engine, out of 2000 bike with vin #00002. It's a recent post. They guy that has that bike, might have some info for you?

To answer your question. I believe your bike is 21st bike ever made. According to the post i'm telling you to look at, says that probably the first 50 bikes were hand built, including the engine.

Check it out!!!

Tim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tim, thanks for pointing that out.i'm guessing it's #21 world wide...maybe i should build it back to stock trim instead building a track bike...hhhmmm choices..choices..:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts