RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search function but most info is from years ago and technology and products have changed.

Is anyone using or has fitted a plug and play gear change indicator to these bikes? Any feedback appreciated.

(Not an essential mod, but I ride Fireblades also and find these V-twins have such different characteristics that I'm often riding around in 4th when there's another 2 gears to go!!:rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I have used the search function but most info is from years ago and technology and products have changed.

Is anyone using or has fitted a plug and play gear change indicator to these bikes? Any feedback appreciated.

(Not an essential mod, but I ride Fireblades also and find these V-twins have such different characteristics that I'm often riding around in 4th when there's another 2 gears to go!!:rolleyes:)
Even on the highway, its hard to get into 6th, or even 5th gear sometimes, lesson you're speeding!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've installed the Healtech GIpro that I bought from here HealTech Honda RVT1000R RC51 00-06 GIPro X-Type Gear Indicator

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there are installation instructions. I also have a speedo-healer so they just plug in line with each other at the sensor plug. I ran the cable over to the left side and up to the dash. Programmed the unit with the rear up on a pit stand. It works perfectly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've installed the Healtech GIpro. . .
Thanks very much, Johnny. Great help. Of course I've seen and heard of them but there are a number of alternatives also. All I wanted was a recommendation of compatibility with our bikes. I'll trace one down from their UK website. Thanks again!! (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts