RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was looking in my manual and all over the net...

I bought a gear indicator and I need to splice the wires into my bike.

the wires I need are:

POWER = BLACK/BROWN
GROUND = GREEN
SPEEDO PULSE = PINK/GREEN
TECH PULSE = YELLOW/GREEN
NEUTRAL LIGHT = ???

are these colors right that I have and anyone know what the Neutral light wire color is I cant find it... im probably blind

thanks

Stiff

·
Registered
510 Posts
I always though a gear indicator would be nice, can you post up some pictures when then install is done?

Hope it all goes well.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always though a gear indicator would be nice, can you post up some pictures when then install is done?

Hope it all goes well.
once I get all the proper colors for the wires ill post up pics of the whole install.

and the gear indicator I bought was $15 bucks off ebay... it was cheap cause it didnt come in the same packaging as the other gear indicators..

but the one I bought for $15 was this exact one

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Honda-RC51-RVT1000R-Motorcycle-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-05-06-Gear-Indicator-/201015764961?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecd7927e1&vxp=mtr

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Ok. What color from the light down. And are the other Colors right?

Thx
From instrument panel to clutch diode unit, Light-green/Red.
From the ECU to clutch diode unit, Green/Red.
Both of the these are positive voltage, which travel to chassis ground via the neutral switch.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I never did complete this. Never did receive confirmation on what wires and Colors. Unless first post was all right. Haha.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kool I looked at that. But still doesn't help me with wire Colors. Maybe since you installed it you can mention what color wires goto what color wires.

Thx

Stiff

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a different unit than yours and mine does not have as many wires. Can't help you with that.

I was trying to help out the guy looking for pics.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just checked them out on that other thread. No way you were doing 189 mph and took a photo?!?!?! That's nuts.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That's what I figured, but I didn't see the mileage on the right, I thought that came up when you turned the key on.

And you had to have timed that just right, that is a small window. Well done.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Speedo sensor wire colors:
Green
Pink
Black

Wire harness to sensor colors:
Green/Black
Pink/Green
Black/Brown

Speedo sensor connector located to front right subframe area, usually held by a black reusable zip tie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts