RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a member on various other forums I couldn't help but notice it doesn't look like we have a chat thread to just talk about random things, Has it been discussed before or are there so many VIP members that it has just never been brought up because VIP has one? :D

Only reason I ask is, it seems like a bit of a hassle and it feels a bit like spamming everyone making a new thread every time you have an off topic, topic you wish to share or discuss with the rest of the forum, Which is okay in many cases, but a small random question or something along those lines would fit better in a general chat thread, Yes? :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here in Oak Harbor Washington, it's 57, Raining, with gusts up to 25mph. It is 6:28 am and i'm about to roll the RC out and head to the best job I ever had. Another fine day in the US Navy!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
28degrees this fine am...it was a little brisk going 40mph on the Ruckus :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Congrats R13, you just started it... :)

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Since this is a general chat thread...figured I'd post it here...and I'll update another thread to make sure I cover all bases.

Today I increased my accessory coverage on the RC from $3k to $7k in order to cover my Ohlins, Marchesini's, etc...

After a recent theft at my home...it got me thinking to make sure the additional parts I've sourced are covered. In addition to the coverage, it is a good idea to take multiple pictures (for ins reasons, and not to upset Madbuyer)...and try and document any and all receipts, costs, etc...in order to recuperate any losses in the event of an accident or theft.

Just remember, unless you notify your ins company...and pay extra to cover the extra parts...you might not get them covered.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts

Today I increased my accessory coverage on the RC from $3k to $7k in order to cover my Ohlins, Marchesini's, etc...

After a recent theft at my home...it got me thinking to make sure the additional parts I've sourced are covered. In addition to the coverage, it is a good idea to take multiple pictures (for ins reasons, and not to upset Madbuyer)...and try and document any and all receipts, costs, etc...in order to recuperate any losses in the event of an accident or theft.

Haha! That guy ...

But the Picture Rule is bound to be an official forum rule, no? (I just never read any rules so wouldn't know for sure). Anyway, it should certainly be enforced, whether by the unofficial, unappointed forum Picture Cop, Madbuyer aka Picture Nazi, or by any other member via "citizen's arrest".

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Now that it's November, the temps here is west-central Florida are now in the low 80s and 70s with partly-cloudy to sunny days.

Perfect weather for riding. Except...it's snowbird season, and traffic is beginning to get bad.
Hopefully there won't be too many riders killed this season by the "tourists".

·
Registered
198 Posts
That one guy LOL

For some of us out here in Washington, the wind and rain are just parts of a normal riding day (LUCKYADAM12). Unfortunately I got soaked to the bone on the ride in this morning after posting on this thread but it was still a good ride! As soon as I get to my desk the phone rings. A disguised voice on the other end says "Check your Facebook". One of the fair weather riders I work with took a pic of my lone bike in the bike parking lot, added a lil comment and posted it on my page. Made me smile! :) Had to share!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
For some of us out here in Washington, the wind and rain is just another day to ride (LUCKYADAM12). Unfortunately I got soaked to the bone on the ride in this morning after posting on this thread but it was still a good ride! As soon as I get to my desk the phone rings. A disguised voice on the other end says "Check your Facebook". One of the fair weather riders I work with took a pic of my lone bike in the bike parking lot and added a lil comment. Made me smile! :) Had to share!
Love it! I've been that guy before too.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

Awesome...i get similar hooplah in the winter over here. We don't get the rain you do, but starts snowing late november and i don't park mine for the winter until the temps get consistently below 40 degrees. As a matter of fact, I got pulled over by a 25 year veteran of the local police force last december, and she made a funny comment after letting me off with a warning, "theres only about 3 of you fruitcakes that insist on riding, even when the snow is falling" :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
It's 45-50 here in Western Pennsylvania. I took the RC to work this morning, for what may be the last ride of the season.

Who here has done the battery re-location mod?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I do not have either link. Let me ask, how much of an improvement is there with the aftermarket link?
I just put one on my SP1 swinger, I've only had one chance to go railing in the canyons and work on my suspension settings, but I could tell a huge difference in how easy it is to tip into and out of turns. It reminds me of the difference between the stock throttle tube and the HRC 1/6 turn throttle tube. It's pretty evident the moment you get on the bike. I love it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just put one on my SP1 swinger, I've only had one chance to go railing in the canyons and work on my suspension settings, but I could tell a huge difference in how easy it is to tip into and out of turns. It reminds me of the difference between the stock throttle tube and the HRC 1/6 turn throttle tube. It's pretty evident the moment you get on the bike. I love it.
You're making it hard for me not to spend more money Jon! After reading the rogue article on the other thread I think I'll try it with the stock link first and see if I like it. For my wallet's sake I'm hoping I'll be plenty happy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So how about this weather?

Still not one RC for less than 4500...

It's been almost 10 months, Even been thinking about selling the stang and paying the price when a clean one pops up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts