RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set for my 2001 because the swingarm has no spool tabs. I didn't know that there is another bracket required for installing the adjusters unless you want to drill and tap your swingarm. (I'm not talking about the lifter brackets.) I would have preferred to have the brackets, but decided to drill and tap. You also have to drill and make countersink holes in the brand new chain adjusters to use this method. All the hardware is included in the kit for either method. Word of advice, drill the swingarm with the adjusters mounted instead of marking and removing. I can guarantee placement of the holes and trueness of the tap will be better. Nice quality pieces and super light. Accuracy of chain adjustment is vastly improved and the axle stays put when torquing now. Good system even for someone who isn't looking for just a way to lift the rear end.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
Where are you guys getting these? Searched awhile back for them but seems like no one has them for the RC anymore. I have an SP2 Swingarm.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
thanks Waldo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the KTS style kit that I bought the instructions state that there are two ways to mount the adjusters. Version 1 uses a "holder" similar to what is pictured in the first photo above. It grabs the inside of the swingarm and piches using the bolt holes that the lifters attach to. Version two requires drilling the threads out of the two holes that are in front of the holes that the lifters attach to, then countersinking them and drilling two holes in each side of the swingarm to thread. Either way holds the rear of the adjuster to the swingarm to brace it when using the lifters. Not a big deal if you are just going to use the adjusters as adjusters, the axle when torqued will hold them in place. I opted to drill mine because I wanted them to stay secure with the axle removed and using the lifters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just noticed that I don't see the extra set of holes that were on mine on either of the pictures above. Mine is an SP1 which uses the KTS style lifters. Maybe those in the pics are the TCA style...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered mine from Riders Discount too. He had the best price and I looked everywhere to try to find them. TJ is great and a great company to deal with.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Don't mean to derail the thread but I was on Riders Discount site and the Gilles adjusters were no where to be found.

A link or a little help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found them listed on ebay. You can email [email protected]. He will match prices too!

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Still a DErailed thread.. I contacted TJ at rider discount.. He sent me an e-mail as a discontinued item.. WTH??.. are these gone for good

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just bought them like 2 weeks ago. Must have gotten his last set or something. I did a search on google or something and used this: Gilles lifters rc51

Indy Superbikes was out of stock. Just lucked out on the Riders Discount. I also bought my exhaust from TJ.

I'm sure someone else had them, TJ had the lowest price and I knew of his good service.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
You guys that are running these should really use your stock adjuster bolts and nuts at the front of them. This supports the sliding part and will keep you from toasting your chain and sperockets when that bolt with the milled down groove snaps. That is the weak link on these.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts