RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still have their Gilles Chain Adjuster Instructions? I can't seem to find mine. I am also looking for the instructions to install the Gilles Swing Arm Lifters.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I will look when I get home. Highly doubtful - they were horribly written as I remember it, and it was a bad printing also. Based on the lack of reason I don't think I kept them, but I do remember where the box is.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep that would be it. Thanks guys for looking and find it.

I was wanting the portion on drilling the housing and swingarm to install the mounting screws. Page 6

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yep that would be it. Thanks guys for looking and find it.

I was wanting the portion on drilling the housing and swingarm to install the mounting screws. Page 6
FWIW I mounted mine without any drilling and used the stock adjuster bolts as some have had issues.

I did not use the clamp pieces and rely on the axle to hold them in place.

I have used the lifters hundereds of times and adjusted the chain often,that said when you go to adjust your chain make sure everything is clean and free to move about the adjuster screws have a weak spot ad ti replacements are available.

also the O.D. of the oem washer is too large and needs some material removed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW I mounted mine without any drilling and used the stock adjuster bolts as some have had issues.

I did not use the clamp pieces and rely on the axle to hold them in place.

I have used the lifters hundereds of times and adjusted the chain often,that said when you go to adjust your chain make sure everything is clean and free to move about the adjuster screws have a weak spot ad ti replacements are available.

also the O.D. of the oem washer is too large and needs some material removed.
Thanks for the info. I installed mine with the backing plates but wanted to go without. I have the Ti adjuster bolts and a Ti custom washer.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Here is my setup, so far.

Ti64 Titanium OEM style chain adjuster bolt/nut, Ti64 Titanium Gilles replica adjuster bolts and Ti64 Titanium washer with TSR anodized gold rear axle nut. OEM axle for now.... soon to be a TI64 Titanium set front and rear.
Also Ti64 Titanium ONE OFF paddock stand bobbins.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I have the Ti adjuster bolts and a Ti custom washer.
Care to share a little more info on these components? I have a set that I have yet to install. Didn't come with the backing plates so by default I will go without also, but I am interested in the washer specifically. I already have Ti OEM adjuster bolts that I will be using. The set I have on my R1 were plug and play out of the box so this washer modification required is of interest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts