RC51 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am 6'2", 230 pounds, and one thing I noticed when riding my new to me RC51, is the palms of my hands hurt from the clip ons. My wrists are ok, but I need gloves that have padded palms - are there such a thing? Where can I get them !

Thanks
DaveT

·
Registered
84 Posts
The problem may be your grip on the bars. You may be holding onto them too tightly. You should be able to open your hands, even at full lean while cornering. The only time you should be applying pressure to your bars is when you initiate your turn. Once you reach the proper lean angle required to run your desired line through the turn, you should be realeasing pressure and maintaining your line with your bodyweight and position. Also try shifting your weight on the pegs to assist your cornering line.
The above works for the street and track alike... I hope that helps. But the palm pain is generally because you are holding onto the bars too tight and resting your weight on them..... try loosening up your grip before spending cash on more gloves.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree. Im about as big as you, and i never get sore hands. Use your legs to grip your tank, which will hold your torso up, so you dont get sore hands. Like Modidy said, you should be able to lift your hands off your grips, even in a full lean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts