RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Honda RC51 and I noticed the other night when I got off the bike that my rear head pipe (located next to rear shock) was glowing. It was not a bright orange or anything but it deff had a glow to it. The bike is all stock minus jardine slip ons. The bike runs good. It never sees temps over 220 and does not seem to drink any coolant. Is this normal for the rear head pipe to glow a little due to lack of air flow? I checked it right when I got off the bike and it was still running when it was glowing. My riding style is more towards the spirited side is that makes a difference. Also I noticed it because I got off the bike and was tieing my shoes so I was eye lever with the head pipe and thats the only way I noticed this. Do any of you guys bikes do this? Is it common? If it is not suppose to do this, what could be causeing it. I know not have the power comander on it can make it run lean but I didnt think it would make it lean enough to do this. Also I have checked the pipe during the day to see if it was glowing and even after a hard ride I could not tell. It was jus the ugly brownish color of the stock headers. Also the times I have seen the header glow is in my back yard where it is pitched black with no street lamps or anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My brother was following me yesterday on his Duc Monster 1000 and said under strong throttle into the high RPM range he could see fire coming out sometimes. I have a Race Sato system so I guess its normal when the motor is screaming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts