RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a membership to motogp.com. Gonna watch the race here in about 58 minutes. Leguna Seca that is.
I'm just feeling around on motogp.com, but seems like a pretty cool site. All kinds of cool stuff you can run while the video is playing.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
what'ch think ? not a bad 2 hours if you can't be there , good old Stoner there again , Nicky did well as well

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Gotta say SpeedTV's coverage was sub-par.

Besides the incessant commercial breaks, they seemed to spend more time showing the scenery and everybody's garage with mechanics gawking at the monitors rather than the action.

Hopefully the Indy coverage will be better.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WoW. Nothing at all compared to what I got to see. Zero commercials. Great replays and slow mo's. sidebar with riders place in the race, all kinds of cool stuff. It was pretty decent watching it on motogp's site. I also watched the warmup runs and got to see them try to run on a cold track and lots of talk about what tires to run. I liked the site, happy with the membership fee, cause now I can watch the rest of the up coming races, and the past ones too.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Definitely worthwhile. Don't forget to click on "classics" to watch 2 stroke MotoGP greats! :D

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
We get it live on Foxtel ( cable TV) and qualifying with no adds (commercials ) we get moto 2/3 as well ,good to see stoner win . cheers Buddha

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gotta say SpeedTV's coverage was sub-par.

Besides the incessant commercial breaks, they seemed to spend more time showing the scenery and everybody's garage with mechanics gawking at the monitors rather than the action.

Hopefully the Indy coverage will be better.
I think sub-par gives Speed way too much credit, that race coverage was awful. I think by the time the halfway point of the race rolled around, they had only showed eight laps or so of actual racing. And then, they missed the pass for the lead because they were showing some fans in the stands at turn 1 shouting about it.

More than usual, they took time from the actual race to go through what happened in prior years. They had a summary from the 1993 and 2005 races, while in the midst of skipping a ton of laps. It would be nice to have those features, but Speed needs to expand their timeslot to 90 minutes so they can show the whole (current) race. It's frustrating when I watch GP or WSBK, watch 3 laps, and then they go to commercial and skip 3 more laps. I'm leaning more and more towards just giving up on them and signing up for the official MotoGP feed.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the MotoGP site show a different feed than the BBC or Superpole?
I have no idea. The announcers were British accent.

Definitely worthwhile. Don't forget to click on "classics" to watch 2 stroke MotoGP greats! :D
They have so many videos on that site, it's almost a little overwhelming. It's really easy to get going down a thread of links and get lost for a while. :D I know next to nothing about MotoGP and the riders, but I learned quite a bit in just one day yesterday before the race started. I got to watch qualifying and warm up laps. And now I understand how and who the teams are.

We get it live on Foxtel ( cable TV) and qualifying with no adds (commercials ) we get moto 2/3 as well ,good to see stoner win . cheers Buddha
I thought you'd be happy with Stoner winning. He owns Leguna Seca. But how did he pull Lorenzo on that straight? I saw Lorenzo accelerating hard enough to lift his front tire a little. Stoner passed him with ease. :confused: How'd he make that look so easy?
How'd you like the Hayden/Rossi finish? Wasn't that really cool?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think sub-par gives Speed way too much credit, that race coverage was awful. I think by the time the halfway point of the race rolled around, they had only showed eight laps or so of actual racing. And then, they missed the pass for the lead because they were showing some fans in the stands at turn 1 shouting about it.

More than usual, they took time from the actual race to go through what happened in prior years. They had a summary from the 1993 and 2005 races, while in the midst of skipping a ton of laps. It would be nice to have those features, but Speed needs to expand their timeslot to 90 minutes so they can show the whole (current) race. It's frustrating when I watch GP or WSBK, watch 3 laps, and then they go to commercial and skip 3 more laps. I'm leaning more and more towards just giving up on them and signing up for the official MotoGP feed.
Wow, glad I didn't see it on Speed. My experience was pretty much the opposite of what you described. Not only did I see the pass live, they showed it about 3 times over from different camera angles. Upon watching the replay, even the announcers were like, "how did he do that"?! My only complaint - they didn't cover all 3 of the riders comments when they were on the podium. They ended the live broadcast before Pedrosa got to comment.

·
Registered
169 Posts
To anybody else who watched the race on Speed and was frustrated with the coverage, give them feedback about it on their website. Their coverage has been much worse this year than that of years past (skipping half of WSBK Assen Race 1 to show a NASCAR post-race show comes to mind....). Link and my feedback are below.

http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

The MotoGP race coverage from Laguna Seca was awful. Your producer skipped more than half the race due to excessive commercial breaks, camera cuts to fans and the garages, and features on the 1993 and 2005 races. Your motorcycle coverage all year has been sub-par, but this race was the worst, by far. Most races this year have been interrupted with far too many commercial breaks, and skip many laps each time. I'd recommend expanding the timeslots to 90 minutes to allow for these features.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
I have no idea. The announcers were British accent.

They have so many videos on that site, it's almost a little overwhelming. It's really easy to get going down a thread of links and get lost for a while. :D I know next to nothing about MotoGP and the riders, but I learned quite a bit in just one day yesterday before the race started. I got to watch qualifying and warm up laps. And now I understand how and who the teams are.

I thought you'd be happy with Stoner winning. He owns Leguna Seca. But how did he pull Lorenzo on that straight? I saw Lorenzo accelerating hard enough to lift his front tire a little. Stoner passed him with ease. :confused: How'd he make that look so easy?
How'd you like the Hayden/Rossi finish? Wasn't that really cool?
In the brief racing footage they showed, it looked like Stoner squared off the turn and got an earlier drive over Lorenzo.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
To anybody else who watched the race on Speed and was frustrated with the coverage, give them feedback about it on their website. Their coverage has been much worse this year than that of years past (skipping half of WSBK Assen Race 1 to show a NASCAR post-race show comes to mind....). Link and my feedback are below.

http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/
I did that years ago. To no avail.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
A big plus one with the shitty speedtv coverage. Worst I've seen in years. I really wish that the bbc coverage was aired over here. I'll have to look and see if any of the satellite companies have bbc sports. I used to think that the Eurosport coverage was bad (I never liked the announcers) until I saw the race this weekend.

Not I only was the commentary horrible, the camera work was utter bullshit. There were a few times I thought they had a problem with the helicopter and it was going to crash because it was so damn shakey. Most of the angles were horrible, and shots were either too wide or too tight. And of course the production, complete garbage. Way too many commercials, way too many cut shots of shit at the track other than the race and why do I want to see recaps of old races? If I want that, I'll go watch it some other time. I feel like I missed half the race.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow! Shame on Fox/Speed.
Maybe you should complain to your cable provider, and the feedback at Speed's website.
or just say f to Speed, and get the motogp.com membership. It's a little steep at $61 for the remainder of the season, but from the feedback I'm reading, def better than SpeedTV.

You get all kinds of stuff with that membership, worth checking into...
Sorry you guys had lackluster coverage. I sure didn't.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
SpeedTV = NASCAR bitch = shitty motorcycle coverage.

Remember Two Wheel Tuesday's?? When FOX bought Speed, all motorcycle coverage went to complete shit.
Yeah it was much better when it used to be SpeedVision.

I'm a native Southerner, and I've never much cared for NASCAR.
But then again, I've never cared for country music either, or crappy mass-produced beer at $5 a 12-pack.
So I guess I'm an anomaly. :cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts