RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock SP2 with the exception of levers, grips, and sato exhaust, that I'm looking for goodies for. I have scoured this forum and found lots of good recommendations on lots of different threads. But was looking to consolidate all the useful knowledge to one thread so I can finally tackle this project that I've had on back burner for nearly a year. Any links to a thread like this is greatly appreciated too. Otherwise just looking for ideas, must haves, and if anyone has any of these goodies for sale please let me know. Thanks, and happy holidays.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Throw the aftermarket ones away and get some OEM units.....aftermarkets for the most part rob power.:eek:
True words...get that PC, gearing I'm really liking the 15/41, rearsets I love them (Sato, Moriwaki, Cycle Cat, Harris and Accossato are some of my favourites). Wheels are another great performance mod that have no real drawbacks other than cost. Forged aluminum, magnesium or carbon fiber take your pick of how much you want to spend. Brake/clutch Master cylinder...Brembo is nice (also my personal favourite) but there is Accossato, ISR, Beringer, Magura even some really good high end OEM units like Nissin.

Lots titanium and carbon fiber....the sky is the limit.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Depending on what you plan on doing with be bike, suspension is a great upgrade too.

Ohlins or Penske rear, and revalve the front forks (Ohlins or Penske) and it should be like riding a new machine (so I've heard).

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Now they're about to come back into production (at last!!!) via our resident Duck, get a carbon snorkel & airbox. These will add much character and improve torque for your bike due to a larger airbox volume - but also the intake roar will be much more audiable & enjoyable.

I'd also recommend suspension. Not just Ohlins & Penske, but look towards Nitron and Maxton (UK) too. Although I'll shortly be fitting Ohlins forks, I have no desire to change to Ohlins shock - The Maxton may be as good, if not better.

Consider if you'll be keeping the bike permanently and if you will, then fit nothing but the best, so you'll only do it once... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to everyone that responded up to this point, a lot of good avenues to look into. I do plan on keeping the bike. I've been into straight line for so long now, I'm now ready to unstuck myself from the "stock is good enough" approach when it comes to performance riding on circuit tracks and canyon dancing. Are there any places I can goto that are better than others, or more diverse when it comes to the carbon fiber tidbits, any resident fabricators? I've bled RR for long enough, time to unleash a v-twin. As far as the "remove the aftermarket parts and return to OEM, which parts specifically are being brought up here? Thanks again for the feedback.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Sato, Akra, LadyBird aka LBP's. either slip-on or full exhaust system.
Appropriate fuel map for your PCIII
Upgrade springs and valves in your forks.
Upgrade rear shock.
-1+1 or -1+2 sprockets.

Just these things alone will transform your bike into something you don't even recognize.

If you have more $, look into lighter aftermarket rims. and clip-ons. and levers. and taller tinted windscreen. and the list goes on and on...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts