RC51 Forums banner

Got her home today

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sequoyah 
#1 ·
Well after waiting all weekend I finally got to bring my bike home. Was a nice 60 mile first ride on it as well. Wow power band is way different from the inline 4s I have been riding and a lot more vibration.
While looking everything over I found a speed healer, so I look at the rear sprocket and it is a 42. A quick search showed me stock is 40. Do you think they would have changed front as well or just went up 2 in rear to make it lower geared?
P.S
Posted some pictures in the introduction area on this forum, will be posting more soon.

#2 ·
It's hard to tell because everyone have their preference in front and rear sprockets. But if I was hesitant and wanted to see if I like lower gearing, I guess going +2 or +3 would be the way to go without touching the front.

Can you tell if it's a 520 or 530 chain? If it's a 520 then it's more likely that they changed the gear ratio on the front also. 15/42 is not uncommon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.