RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after looking around I found a 2006 VFR800 listed on Craigslist near me. The description was pretty good but he was a little high on the price I thought. We talked on the phone and I took a chance to drive 2 hours to see it. When I got there the gentleman actually had (5) motorcycles that he was selling. All of them were very nice condition. As I looked this bike over I realize it is an ABS model. Not what he advertised but even better. At the end, I gave him $4500 cash and rode it home. There is only 4800 mile on it. The body and paint are absolutely perfect and I admit freely that I am a picky sumB.. The only thing missing was the rear pegs which I now have on the way to me. I may put the grab handles back on and definitely the rear seat cowl unless I have a passenger.

From what little I've ridden it so far I really like it. Entirely different animal but I can keep some useless miles off of the RC-51.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Guess my old eyes are hurting too...picture doesn't show.

Sounds like a good find though.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
That's the 6th gen vfr, that's what mine was. Funny thing is, once I rode my RC51 for a couple months, I sold the vfr. Had it for about 2 years, wanted mo powa!

Enjoy the viffer, and the vtec. I think they smoothed it out by 2006? How does it feel to you?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the bad link. Think i got it fixed. Jon yep in 06 they dropped the transition point for the vtec. Supposed to be better. You do have to rev it but by 6500 it is starting to pull. I haven't had time to ride it much but for what i wanted i like it. It is smooth as butter and surprisingly seems easy to toss around. I don't care for the sound yet it is way too quite. Hiding what i know a v4 should be. Ill likely gut the factory can to improve it. Not a lot of aftermarket options. I've asked Simon if there are any trick exhaust in Japan.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I saw a TwoBrothers on a vfr, man what a sh!tty system that was. crappy build quality, and the second can was a fake that doubled as a carrier/container.
Look for some Sato's. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got that right about 2bros. You also get the pleasure of paying full price for the can that is not connected. From what im reading the gutted stock cans sound better. Staintunes was supposed to be good but no longer available. Ahh well, i intended to leave this one alone and not do much to it ... Now i have a list started. My name is TNRC51 and i am a modihaulic.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
What was that I saying on VFR discussion earlier today about RC51 owners either having had or still having VFR750/800's?

There's definitely a connection / mutual attraction between the two.

If you're a modaholic, stay away from my threads about modifying my VFR. I'm in the midst of finding out the best way to fit single centre nut rear wheels onto mine. And then.... hmm, something perverse will develop when I succeed. :p
RC51 front ends fit GREAT on VFR's too.

But seriously - enjoy! All VFR's are great bikes. Even the earliest ones.

As for exhausts, there's this pretty system on sale used in Japan. :)

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v337485452

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks very clean.

I like that swingarm.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My last bike before my RC51 was a 2004 VFR 800 in Asphalt black. Loved everything about that bike, have wanted it back ever since selling it lol! V4's are probably the best motor configurations out there in my opinion (VTEC was fine, but definatley had a snap to it when it was coming on...was great for highway passing). Only mods that I had done were gutted OEM cans and a K&N air filter. Looking to buy the new 2014 next year I think.... need something a little more practical for my daily work commutes.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My last bike before my RC51 was a 2004 VFR 800 in Asphalt black. Loved everything about that bike, have wanted it back ever since selling it lol! V4's are probably the best motor configurations out there in my opinion (VTEC was fine, but definatley had a snap to it when it was coming on...was great for highway passing). Only mods that I had done were gutted OEM cans and a K&N air filter. Looking to buy the new 2014 next year I think.... need something a little more practical for my daily work commutes.. :)
I was riding it some Saturday and found myself shifting right in the VTech zone. I have trouble hearing the darn sewing machine stock pipes. I am going to gut the pipe just trying to decide what method. It definitely has a kick when it transitions to 4 valve. That aside the thing is fun to ride.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
OP - Sharp looking VFR, congrats & enjoy it. The VTEC "kick" is fun! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
You got that right about 2bros. You also get the pleasure of paying full price for the can that is not connected. From what im reading the gutted stock cans sound better. Staintunes was supposed to be good but no longer available. Ahh well, i intended to leave this one alone and not do much to it ... Now i have a list started. My name is TNRC51 and i am a modihaulic.
Staintune still has VFR800FI and VTEC slip-ons in their 2014 catalog.
Note prices are in Aussie Dollars.

HO MS VFR 8i All models Honda VFR800i VTEC twin Oval sports race mufflers & collector Removable Restrictor Set $1,395.00

http://staintune.com.au/pages/price-and-model-listing-2014

·
Registered
63 Posts
That thing has too many cylinders. Must be an illegitimate little sister.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts