RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waiting on one new wheel bearing seal for the rear wheel.n Replaced all the wheel bearings and seals. gonna do chain and sprocket change to 520 while they are apart. Then just mount the tires and get them back on the bike. I think they turned out awesome. Bike is sitting with 3600 miles while my RR gets all the love until the parts come in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
that's hot!!!?? ;^0

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Not a huge fan of White wheels but on a hayden edition i think it will look pretty good.

I like their looks on some bikes but i would never own them because they are a b*tch to keep clean.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the white sets off nicely with the number plates. cant to get it finished up and back on the road. I am thinking of getting the RR done with black middle and red lip but that will be down the road. I will have good pictures of the finished product in a few days or early next week

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I want to know how it is you can afford an RC51 and a 1000RR, have spare money to powdercoat the wheels, but cannot afford proper stands to put the bikes on when doing maintenance :D

Look forward to seeing the pics of it all back together. Those white wheels should look fantastic on that Hayden edition.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Ya know I thought something looked a bit out of place, but it didn't hit me until you pointed it out. That'll screw up your caliper alignment tolerances...
Depending on how thick it is, it might not make a difference, but I would just be worried about how uniform it is. If one side is slightly thicker, even by a small amount, it will make the rotor wobble like a sob.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Depending on how thick it is, it might not make a difference, but I would just be worried about how uniform it is. If one side is slightly thicker, even by a small amount, it will make the rotor wobble like a sob.
No, he's screwed... Even painting the mating surfaces will throw off the tolerances too much for a good match let alone the much thicker powdercoating process. twenty thousandths of an inch is about all the play I would want in that area.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had pitbull stands but sold them with my 07 1krr

Man I didn't even think about checking or telling them to mask it off. Damn, I guess just sand it down to metal? I already have all the rotors back on but It's not s big deal to pull them off

·
Registered
575 Posts
white wheels , they came out great #1

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
You could sand them, or just take them to a machine shop. Either way you will probably be fine. Just take your time and use a block sander. I would actually spin the wheel on the axle in the forks and not by hand on the ground. It would probably be easier too

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill probably do all that on Sunday after giving the rr an oil change. my o-ring will be on monday so its not like I am missing riding the rc with having to sand it down.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I was trying to figure out how that was going to match up with the RC scheme (thinking, oh great, another butcher job) But I soon realized I was an idiot and you have a hayden. Looks great, actually almost like a feature it should've had. Good luck getting those surfaces cleaner up. Go slow, don't want to fark up the aligment by taking off too much either;)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts

White wheels look smashing IMO

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well got them mounted. did not put the body work on yet as I was about to do an oil change. Turned out great and looks great with the white number plates.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts