RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I just picked up the RC from the tuner, the dyno readout shows just how much this motor benefits from proper fueling, the HP reading's look linear after the adjustment's, also the torque is allot smoother. The owner/tuner told me i was going to be very pleased with the way the bike runs and accelerates, here's a couple of pics of the RC on the dyno and the readout from the computer. I could not get a print out as the printer would not cooperate. I'll have to go back sometime this week and get the a/f readings, as i forgot to take a picture of them from the screen, they where at 13.6 and pretty flat, Well... what do you guys think?

Sorry about the quality, but they were taken with my phone.
I was told that the map that i had in the power commander, had allot of negative fuel mapping and that she was running quite lean.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks jgos929, had her out this morning and whoa!
The throttle response is just amazing, very glad that i had the map made.
The numbers on the dyno run are nice, but It was not really my goal to get the most horsepower up top, if you notice the stock run before the map was made (RED LINE) shows that she was only making power to 9k rpm that's when we realizes that the soft rev cable had come loose we reinstalled it and added a dab of silicone to the terminal to keep it in place. I told him that I really wanted a nice a/f reading and a linear hp line along with a linear torque curve and that he did, afterwards we talked about helping the motor breath a little better and possibly purchasing a bigger air box and snorkel, I guess it never ends, LOL...:rolleyes:

PS. Anyone on the fence about having a custom map made for the bike, don't think about it, JUST DO IT, best couple hundred buck's Ive spent on the bike!

·
Registered
863 Posts
The gains will be even better after a box & snorkel. I'm guessing that would put you at 125+. Good stuff and beautiful bike by the way. I was gonna try to score all the black body work for mine but could never find all the pieces in good enough shape.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chinese Plastic

I Don't know, that Chinese plastic is looking better and better every year, I have a buddy that went down at the gap on his CBR600 and for what it would have cost him to replace one of the side fa-rings, he purchased all of them, including the plastic tank cover, I was pretty impressed with the fit and finish.
Of Course we all harass him about the plastics being from Hon Kong and always tell him that his bike probably gained 45 lbs, due to all the lead in the paint. LOL LOL :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts