RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

went to the boneyard and swiped it off a VFR800 works/looks great :)
now all my bikes are the same (pattern reversed) and less confusing

·
Registered
113 Posts
well then it's even eaisier for you take your shifting knuckle of the transmission rod flip it 180 degrees so it points up bend your shift rod slightly so that it will pass the frame and there you go your bike is now gp shift pattern and you didn't even have to buy anything

·
Registered
502 Posts
well then it's even eaisier for you take your shifting knuckle of the transmission rod flip it 180 degrees so it points up bend your shift rod slightly so that it will pass the frame and there you go your bike is now gp shift pattern and you didn't even have to buy anything
Is yours GP shift pattern?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had GP shift back in my racing days (so long ago...) and I just went back to it last night. Best mod ever, I think. The only time people miss a shift is upshifting, and GP shifting eliminates that.

Eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a heads up this can be hard on your gears and internals. I recommend spending the 50bux and getting the Sato Conversion. It will work with the stock Rearset just be sure to adjust it correctly. I had this too, but changed over after going down on the left side at Mid Ohio and deciding to retain the linkage to keep the engine a tad longer. But yes, its WAY better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
yeah my is flipped and it is a gp shift patten and i love it i don't think i will ever change back it is so nice for sure best mod i've done so far

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if any year will fit, but if you are ordering one, you can use the part number below. You will have to re-use the pinch bolt and rubber cover from your stock shifter.

Eric

Honda OEM Reverse shift lever (GP Pattern)
24701-MAT-000 SHIFT, GEAR PEDAL

·
Registered
102 Posts
It fits all VFRs from 98-05 and all cbr1100xx from 97-03! If anyone wants one of these I got one for $20+shipping! Only has a few minor scrapes on the tip of the lever.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just a heads up this can be hard on your gears and internals. I recommend spending the 50bux and getting the Sato Conversion. It will work with the stock Rearset just be sure to adjust it correctly. I had this too, but changed over after going down on the left side at Mid Ohio and deciding to retain the linkage to keep the engine a tad longer. But yes, its WAY better.
Quite a few people have done this and I haven't heard any negative reports. How is this harder on the gears and internals?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts