RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of GPR exhausts? I see them on ebay but no one I've talked to knows anything about them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I haven't found anyone that has them on a RC, but I have found several posts on other forums of other types of bikes that were all positive. Haven't found any negative ones.

If you're looking for standard mount pipes, there's still a few options like Yoshimura, etc. If you're looking for high mounts, the list is pretty thin. I think it's down to Two Bros. and these GPR's for new ones. I have heard a lot of negative reviews of Two Bros.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive just put a set of alu high levels on my bike. Build quality amd finish are 8/10, welds are nice. multi section mid pipes would be nice, but they are on the cheaper side. Not a bad thing tho! value for money seems excellent! I havent got round to dyno yet, as I dont have a power commander yet but I will soon.

Only down side is they seem a bit on the loud side. But I havent tried them with the supplied db killer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Heh! Thats been seen to! pictures to follow on my thread...
Yeah, thanks for sharing. They do look nice. It looks like the mid-pipe starts out narrow and gets wider is it reaches the silencer, is that correct? What pipes did you have on before, to compare sound to? Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, thanks for sharing. They do look nice. It looks like the mid-pipe starts out narrow and gets wider is it reaches the silencer, is that correct? What pipes did you have on before, to compare sound to? Keep us posted. :)
They are a uniform diamiter untill 3 inches before they join to the headers, where a small diamiter section is welded in to mate with the standard pipe work.

When I got the bike, it had Moriwaki cans on! But the were wrecked, like the rest of the bike! The first Time I heard it runnin was last month. After 2 years of rebuilding.

But Ill get a video up on here at the weekend once I sort the brake lines and chain out. Now that its got tyres on, I can actually wheel it out the garage!

If you havent already seen the thread on my build, here it is;
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2114

Dave

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, I have the Sato Banzai's on and they're loud too. Starting to get used to them though. Either that or I'm losing my hearing so it doesn't sound so loud! :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, I have the Sato Banzai's on and they're loud too. Starting to get used to them though. Either that or I'm losing my hearing so it doesn't sound so loud! :)
Class!

My other concern is noise testing at tracks. So I'll get my mates decabel mic on them if he comes back from his snowboarding holiday alive.

Dave

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Sato Banzai's too loud? I had them on mine and they are the cleanest sounding pipes on our bikes. IMHO. I went on a ride and rode next to an 848 he said he loved them because they sounded so clean and he could tell where I was behind him the whole ride.

My Jardine 2-1 with a GP can is way too loud. Satos just sound clean.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sato Banzai's too loud? I had them on mine and they are the cleanest sounding pipes on our bikes. IMHO. I went on a ride and rode next to an 848 he said he loved them because they sounded so clean and he could tell where I was behind him the whole ride.

My Jardine 2-1 with a GP can is way too loud. Satos just sound clean.
Well, just like beauty is in the eye of the beerholder er, I mean beholder, so is sound.

I actually like the sound of the Sato's too, just saying they're a little louder than I'm used to. I've never had a vtwin either. It's a much different type of loud than a 4 cylinder with aftermarket exhaust. That's why I got the RC though, for the uniqueness. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone heard of GPR exhausts? I see them on ebay but no one I've talked to knows anything about them.
I have a low mont pair on my Sp1 only had her 18months bought with them on sounds gr8 lovely pops on run off,,smooth and nice performance as well,,, so I have just ordered a pair of the small high amounts for my other sp1 that I have stripped to go through new paint n few up grades might get stainless header pipes made save expense of full race system https://www.amazon.co.uk/Honda-Exhaust-Systems-Deeptone-Silencers/dp/B012687Q8C,,,,will post pics when I get them then report what there like when bike finised and riding,, sorry for being few yrs late but was looking for reviews on them my self before ordering,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts