RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driven into by a woman last year who lied convincingly enough to get out of her insurance company paying for the damage to my bike.
What I'm looking for is replacement graphics for the right side as the damage was pretty much limited to the stickers, bar ends, frame sliders (I installed the day before!) and the exhaust., which I replaced. the bike looks like crap with the stickers all torn up.
Any help on where to find replacements without taking out a loan would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry. I should have mentioned it's a 2003.
As to the lawyer, I spoke with several, but since the damage to the bike was only 5k and i had no injuries no lawfirm wanted the case.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Get yourself an adjustable-range heat gun to remove the old stickers. Put your plastics out in the sun, let them get good and warm, then use ONLY the low range. It takes longer, but if you get to hot while peeling the sticker off, the first thing that will happen is the sticker will melt in half. No problem there, but that means you could be very close to burning the paint. and it happens fast. I got to practice on an old fairing first and learned that it only takes a second to make your paint look like burnt paint bubbles.

When putting on new stickers, have mildly soapy water (a little dishsoap) in a spray bottle for the bigger stickers. Lets you slide it around a little, and have a small square squeege to get the bubbles out.

One last thing, don't make the mistake I did by not having your work enviroment CLEAN. I got some dust under one of my big stickers and it shows when you look at it or wash it.
Unless you've done it before, try to figure out a way to do a practice run or two.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get yourself an adjustable-range heat gun to remove the old stickers. Put your plastics out in the sun, let them get good and warm, then use ONLY the low range. It takes longer, but if you get to hot while peeling the sticker off, the first thing that will happen is the sticker will melt in half. No problem there, but that means you could be very close to burning the paint. and it happens fast. I got to practice on an old fairing first and learned that it only takes a second to make your paint look like burnt paint bubbles.

When putting on new stickers, have mildly soapy water (a little dishsoap) in a spray bottle for the bigger stickers. Lets you slide it around a little, and have a small square squeege to get the bubbles out.

One last thing, don't make the mistake I did by not having your work enviroment CLEAN. I got some dust under one of my big stickers and it shows when you look at it or wash it.
Unless you've done it before, try to figure out a way to do a practice run or two.
Thank you. I'll do it just like this.
This place is usually a little cheaper:
http://www.cyclecentralpowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=156125&category=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=2003&fveh=3622
Thanks for this!

Have you gotten your bike tuned with the full Akrapovic exhaust yet?
I ran it again on the same dyno in nearly identical weather conditions.
It is a touch rich around 4k, but not much. Not enough to re-map it from the map he did when I had the Full Yosh RS3 system. Still makes 132hp and 77?lb tq with a smooth and linear curve. only thing not smooth about the bike aside from the cosmetic stuff is the 1/6 turn throttle. Makes tight technical stuff a little trickier to get maintenance throttle just right, but it sure is great for taking off in a hurry!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts