RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been a lurker here for a while and thought I'd finally introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a 2004 RC51. I bought it from my brother 3 years ago. I have loved this bike since I first heard the ridiculous sound of it and wanted one terribly but it took me a while to get one for myself. I haven't done too many mods just cans (Sato carbon fiber high mount on low mount mids), PCIII and 15/42 520 conversion. I love the bike (my girlfriend doesn't so much as it's hard to carry a passenger) and don't think I will ever sell it. It always makes me smile when I hear the sound of the V-twin and I love that it's a unique and rare motorcycle. I'd love to install a snorkel and airbox but I'm not much of a wrench turner since I don't really have a place to do it and money is a bit tight, but it's on the short list of things to do someday.

Anyway, I enjoy reading all the info posted here about this fantastic machine and look forward to reading more and hopefully sharing some of my knowledge (although I am a confessed neophyte).

Peace...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Honestly the Snorkel mod is really easy to do and the airbox is not that hard either as long as you follow the directions and take your time.
I do recommend picking them up soon if you have the cash because they seem to go through availability cycles. They get REALLY hard to find and i don't know if they will keep making them since its a 10 year old bike. if interested i think Scott's motorcycle Service just got a bunch in or you can contact brett direct at turnone and see if he has any available.

http://store.scottsms.com/RC51-2000-2006_c82.htm?page=all

Look Brett up on speedzilla.com, his username is Turnone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts