RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, This board seems to be a wealth of information, glad to be here. About me: retired US Army, been riding for a long time, bought my 03 RC51 from an old pal up at Ft. Hood whom I used to ride with back in the mid to late 90s, he is now a dealer there, and some bloke wadded up an 03 RC51, he got salvage rights to it, offered it to me for 5 Benjamins...Put a new front end on it, got the tank fixed, now trying to locate a left side Honda Wing decal for when I respray the tank.

By the way, back in 2003 I almost bought a new RC51 from the dealer in Killeen, but, the CBR954RR was on sale for $1500.00 off...I bit. Had that bike for 3 years on the street, wadded it up at T4 at TWS (like a dummy) and made it a track bike and eventually sold it (like a dummy). So I want to get this RC51 back operational, get it State inspected as a rebuilt motor vehicle since it was totaled out.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Welcome. Too bad you binned the 954, I'd love one of those. But the '03 sp is a solid replacement once you get it all sorted. Mine's track only for the last 6 years now, not the fastest ship in the fleet but it serves me very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts