RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got myself a 2000 sp1 with about 8xxx miles on it. i have aLways wanted a rc from the firts time i saw nicky racing one in the 99 or 2000 daytona 200. where he took second to mat mladin. arghhh

any ways i have had some history with Rc, in and around me. my uncle owns a RC 30 ( which was creamed last year by an old lady that ran a red light) sad to see her go. but not to worried he got a Ducati 848

My cousin has a '03 Rc 51 and tracks it.
My ex gf had a '06 Rc 51.

i searched for a while before making my decsion, my main reason for picking this one was bc it was local, i heard to manny horror stories about shipping bikes by all tese yuppies.

i have been reading on this web site for a couple of months but just signed up a couple of weeks ago.

the Rc came in pretty good shape. it came with two brother hi mounts, not a big fan of those. trying to get those changed out as time goes. the only thing that wasnt working was the cluster. it lights up but no numbers display. the nutral light and all does go on.

from what i can get and assume is that a fuse was blown. i just want to know where the fuse box is and what fuse i need so i can have that replaced. the clsuter to me is very important cuz i need to know whats going on with the bike. ( rpm's, temp etc..) or if this could be something else.

any suggestion are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
glad to hear you got a bike that you have long wanted! good for you and welcome to the boards.

fuses are on the L side of the bike, behind the fairing. you can undo the large phillips screw in the fairing and access the fuses by pulling it out a bit and reaching in.

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
glad to hear you got a bike that you have long wanted! good for you and welcome to the boards.

fuses are on the L side of the bike, behind the fairing. you can undo the large phillips screw in the fairing and access the fuses by pulling it out a bit and reaching in.
Just an input to what he said. They are not phillips heads. Just a word of warning. You might strip them if you don't use JIS Screwdriver. Japanese Motorcycles don't use a single normal phillips screw.

This is how you can tell. Not all of them have it though.

Here's the difference.

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
Unless he's talking about the locking stud which has a large "phillips" style head on it. For that I just use a quarter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx for the input guys.
i def grew two hairs on my chest as i rode the Rc for the fisrt time, and i must say wow!!!! thast really all i can say. i never rode on a 4 but why do i need to whne i have this. i am sure that i will never go to a 4. my cusin rode next to me with a 600 gixxer and had no desire what so ever to ride that thing. i guess one day i will.

again, i dont have any thing to compare it too, but why, when this is just that great!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts