RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look to know what grip if any would alleviate the numbness that I get when I am on the Rc for a long time.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Squeeze the tank with your legs more and use your core muscles to keep you from using your arms....it will take you a while to get used to doing this but no matter if you wrap your bars in 4" of foam rubber, your hands will still numb up and hurt.:cool:

When I ride if my hands start to go numb, its time to stop as it lets me know I am a bit tired. (Usually after a couple hours after hard riding)

If this moves into "What kind of grips should I use" thread....I use these.

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=84&osCsid=cf48c15abc22e22b7336d18e74018b3c

:D

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
grips won't make a difference. Like Madbuyer said, change your positioning so that you are not resting your weight on your wrists. Some guys fill their handle bars or buy heavy bar ends to try to alleviate vibration.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Some guys fill their handle bars or buy heavy bar ends to try to alleviate vibration.
I have heard of this as well, never tried it to see if it helps.
I have 5 screws and a metal plate in my throttle hand and it cramps up bad after about 2 hours of good pace riding.
Tried a whole crap load of grips... like the Harris performance gel grips... they work for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I just installed risers...1.5" rise but more like 3/4" since I'm limited to throttle cable length. Also running them at zero degrees. Will review when I get the chance.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts